account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Xperia T heats very strong

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Sony Xperia T heats very strong

I don't think that 40.5ºC after 7 minutes playing will be really "normal"

More than that, I think that the question of the phone destroying SD cards it's because that heat (at least one of the reasons).

Two days ago, it destroyed the second SD card that I buy for this phone, and it was after I was playing for about 20 minutes (not even a 3D game).

The zone under the camera and where the cards are (SD and the SIM), was also very warm too.

By the way, NOTHING in my phone is auto syncing.

Not sure how the overheat warning is set up... 50ºC?... 60ºC?... man, at that point it will melt the back cheap plastic that this phone has and burn our fingers.

Normal 40.5ºC??... I don't think so.

Neither you.

Emperor
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

if the game its quite heavy and power demanding the phone will get quite hot that's normal

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

Adviser
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

my xperia t also heats up very strong!

under lens...

after 4 min recording it reachs 40c

One time poster
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

Relax alireza...

Noone from Sony Support will answer you here or about the camera quality...

Just relax, and remember that this is not a serious company. This is just Sony. They just want your money and run. Nothing else.

For more than anyone will tell you, this is NOT normal... but hey, this is happening since day 1... same as the shi*tty camera quality, toasted SD cards, low wifi range, lags on the phone, etc etc etc.

Take it easy. They got your money. They don't care about anything else.

One time poster
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

Are you sure about this? Are you sure that sony does not care about us and etc ?? All phones that I had from Sony (Sony Ericsson too) worked well, and my xperia T works well, except this heating... But today I took Old Sony ericsson from my friend and tested the temperature like did it before... I was surprised that the battery temperature is the same... But it is the battery temp not the cpu... don't  know, maybe it depends from xperia T housing...it is thin and the mainboard is near to back cover and Neo for example has few layers of plastic housing before mainboard...