account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

My ultra dual turns off suddenly when I turn on wifi..

SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

My ultra dual turns off suddenly when I turn on wifi..

Hello sony xperia T2 Ultra Dual  users I hope someone could help me with this problem...

Whenever I turn on my wifi my phone suddenly hangs and turns off.. So I turn it on again and after sometime

let's say 20 to 30 minutes it turns off again.. This happens for 4 to 5 times repeatedly for a day then afterwards it runs smoothly.

My conclusion is that maybe my unit is in a period of adjustment and It's been barely 2 months since I bought the unit...

Kindly help me with this problem and thank you in advance....Slightly smiling Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Re: My ultra dual turns off suddenly when I turn on wifi..

ok there

seems devices specific issue

what you can do is 

first of all repair device using pc companion if done and still having issue then go to service center 

if you are thinking not to use pc companion due to data loss then follow below step

donload and instlal flash tool  here

download FTF here

open flash tool and locat FTF

now after words dont check wipe data app log and catch 

all done 

do google to know how to use flash tool 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Master
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. First of all I would suggest that you try to boot your phone into safe mode to see if the problem may be related to any 3rd party app that you have installed in your phone:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Now press and hold both the on/off and volume down (-) key. Keep pressing these two keys until the phone has booted completely.....

when will i do this thing? i cannot see the booting on progress.... thanks for your help

Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

i don't know if the booting process is working since i only see the safe mode when i follow your guidelines up to 3rd picture that shows it is in the safe mode but the booting process i don't know where or how to run it.. please help

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

ok there

seems devices specific issue

what you can do is 

first of all repair device using pc companion if done and still having issue then go to service center 

if you are thinking not to use pc companion due to data loss then follow below step

donload and instlal flash tool  here

download FTF here

open flash tool and locat FTF

now after words dont check wipe data app log and catch 

all done 

do google to know how to use flash tool 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

thank you so much chauhanjay :-) by taking time in reading my problems and giving some timely advice.. :-) I really appreciate it my friend :-)

Commissioner
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

you are well come

Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

my T2 ULTRA SUDDENLY TURNS OFF without any notice

my ultra t2 dual suddenly turns off then when i open after some time it turns off again... GRRR... please help... this is going on turning off turning on

Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

They don't want to replace my unit T2

Sir 

Good day. I would like to report to you about my unit which I believe is a factory defect unit inasmuch as since I bought this one from day one problem arises. I just ignore them knowing that this is just simple. The main problem with this is that every time I open wifi my unit turns off after 3 to 5 minutes or sometimes immediately. I turn on and same thing happen all over again. I did what you tell me here to boot but problem remains at hand. I did a lot of BACK UP AND RESET for at least 10 times or more but to no avail. So last night I go to the store which I purchased this phone but they didn't replace my unit they only make back up and reset but nothing happens. This I believe is a factory defect unit.. I will reveal to you the store which I purchase my unit if you will find time to reply. Thanks and I just wanted to make good business with you guys that's all.

Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

TWO SERIAL NUMBER APPEAR ON MY ultra t2 dual

IMEI1 - 

IMEI2 - 

I JUST UPDATED my account here only to find out that I had two (2) model number listed on my phone (as you can see the upper left side). Right now My sony continously turning off and on and the store which I purchased this doesn't want to change my unit...