account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Internal Storage not all available

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Internal Storage not all available

Hi,

I recently updated my xperia T to Jelly Bean I think it was (the last recommended software update) and since then the internal memory (of which there should be approx. 10GB available) is not all available. When I look at the storage section in settings it sais there is 10.85GB available, then there are approx 3GB of pictures and the rest of the sections are all under 1GB, and don't add up to the remaining approx. 7GB that should be free. The section that sais how much space is free only sais about 500MB and I'm getting a message saying my internal storage is 100% full and I should transfer data to an SD card (which I don't have/need). Have you any idea how I can get to use the rest of this space? Before the last update I was able to use it all & since then I've had this problem.

Would really appreciate some help on this!

Thanks in advance,

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internal Storage not all available

I'm also having same problem in my Xperia P (4.0.4). I am waiting for JB update for it and you have already updated to JB and facing this issueAnguished Face Try repairing your phone using PC Companion or SUS. Before that try a factory reset.

3 REPLIES 3
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

I'm also having same problem in my Xperia P (4.0.4). I am waiting for JB update for it and you have already updated to JB and facing this issueAnguished Face Try repairing your phone using PC Companion or SUS. Before that try a factory reset.

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Yes a factory reset has actually solved the problem! thanks very much for the help!

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

dont forget to mark the Correct Answer