account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

xperia sp video upload problem

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

xperia sp video upload problem

Hi my sp was uploading videos to facebook and youtube without a problem.

All of a sudden facebook videos fail everytime and youtube says unsupported video file???

I connected the phone to my pc and that wont play the videos either?

The videos i record play perfect on my phone though...

Photos not a problem so what have i done?

I must of accidently changed the format that video is recording in..

any ideas as i cant find anything in settings or camera settings and i want to share my holiday videos

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: xperia sp video upload problem

Hi Aimee, Thankyou for your advice which i did try but unfortunatly made no difference.

However, I have cured this problem now...

I realised that my videos were not uploading because i had activated Stamina mode in power management. Since I turned this off my videos are uploading.

So i guess that although stamina mode is supposed to let downloads and uploads continue when the screen goes off, in fact it doesnt let uploads continue.

Problem solved

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
One time poster
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Any Ideas? still cant figure this out

Highlighted
Genius
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi Chris, I'd recommend following these steps:

Open the camera app > Tap the icon in the top left > Select Video Camera > Tap Settings > Select Video Resolution > Change this to VGA.

If you then try to upload a video which was recorded in the VGA resoltion, does this work okay?

-

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi Aimee, Thankyou for your advice which i did try but unfortunatly made no difference.

However, I have cured this problem now...

I realised that my videos were not uploading because i had activated Stamina mode in power management. Since I turned this off my videos are uploading.

So i guess that although stamina mode is supposed to let downloads and uploads continue when the screen goes off, in fact it doesnt let uploads continue.

Problem solved

Thanks

Genius
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I'm glad your issue is now resolved Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

hello!

I've got a similar problem with my phone...

I can't upload my videos on VLC or any other player because of the VGA format!

What can I do to reduce the video??

What is that Stamina mode that you were talking about?

Thanx alot!