account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

unable to update to .205 via Sony Bridge (Mac)

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

unable to update to .205 via Sony Bridge (Mac)

Has someone managed to update to .205 with Sony Bridge for Mac? Mine tells me that the phone is updated (while is still .201).

thannks for helping! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Re: unable to update to .205 via Sony Bridge (Mac)

Yes, it also depends on your carrier network services. I think it doesn't matter if you have or don't have a 3G/4G abonnement, because the updates only work on Wi-Fi connection.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Commissioner
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

I had the same problem. They said it depends on the phones' serial number and date of manufacture. Maybe yours is a new one, too. I upgraded mine via OTA Update . Just wait and be patient.
Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thanks! Just a question: what is OTA Update? 

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

OTA stands for Over The Air. It's a method of mobile companies distribute their firmware/software updates.

Settings > About Phone > Software Update.
Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

ok! thanks for the explanation! Slightly smiling Face 

Learner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

According to you...might it be depending on the  GSM provider? A friend of mine has also a Sony Xperia SP and hers updated automatically. However both her and me don't have a 3G/4G abbonement, so we mainly use it with Wi-FI, but she has a different GSM provider. Also, when I tap on System Update, a message appears saying "mobile data disabled. could not search for updates". I switched on the "mobile data" but still no updates...

Commissioner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Yes, it also depends on your carrier network services. I think it doesn't matter if you have or don't have a 3G/4G abonnement, because the updates only work on Wi-Fi connection.

View solution in original post

Learner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Thanks 3xperia!