account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

temporary fix for blurred image. camera lens cover scratching. etc

Visitor
Message 81 of 99
Message 81 of 99

Re: temporary fix for blurred image. camera lens cover scratching. etc

Can i use this method for Sony Xperia Z3, because i see the same stuff like little scratch on the lens that makes my pictures not that sharp, and look unfocused.

Adept
Message 82 of 99
Message 82 of 99

@interference

I'm not sure, since you have different type phone. I suggest you be careful, since Xperia SP has 2 type lens, one with coating layer, and one other with not coating layer. If you try to peel lens without coating layer, it can more damage the lens surface.

One time poster
Message 83 of 99
Message 83 of 99

OMG!! Thanks a ton! It worked.. Xperia Z1
I had taken it to the Sony Service Center. And those guys said it will cost me around 3000Rs (50$) and a weeks time to fix it.. You just saved my time and money!!!

One time poster
Message 84 of 99
Message 84 of 99

No alchohol in my home. is there any other way?? Plz take it as serious
EGR
One time poster
Message 85 of 99
Message 85 of 99

A solution to take good photos with our xperia sp download and use this application is in the Play store: CameraMX. It works perfectly.
One time poster
Message 86 of 99
Message 86 of 99

I tried this today 2nd September 2015. It really does work. I used a aerosol can of label remover (which had ingredients of alcohol) and some blue paper towel. I couldn't remove the anti glare film with my nail. Took a good 30 mins but it all polished off. I need cleaned it with my lens cleaner liquid and my cloth for my glasses and it really was crystal clear. I was really impressed. So happy as for the last month I have suffered with poor photos and I love this phone. Now I can start to take lovely photos again of my baby daughter growing up. Thanks for the advice folks you have no idea how much I appreciate this
One time poster
Message 87 of 99
Message 87 of 99

Yes, I had problem of blur image, i was disappointed, i thought to take to service centre, I had purchased only 4 months before,

i came across this post, did same thing, i put alchol and started scratching the lens covering the lens got cleared, glass was clear crystal, then i came to know some coating was there on the glass, now its become so crystal clear, photos are superb, thanks for the post which helped me lot.

One time poster
Message 88 of 99
Message 88 of 99

I have a Z3, and the protection or external back lens is made by cheap Plastic. Now, after a few months the plastic is gone, scratched and blurry. It was the first and last time I buy a Sony product.... This cell phone by the price they sell must had have a durable glass lens protection, not plastic. PIECE OF SONY GARBAGE. Sony has cheated on this cheap Chinese product. I will right reviews in every single website I can find. ONCE AGAIN.....PIECE OF GARBAGE.
One time poster
Message 89 of 99
Message 89 of 99

thanks dude i did thas scratching again with alcohol thing and now my sony z1 camera works just fine and pics back to clear

thanks again buddy :smileysmileywink::smileysmileywink:Smiling Face with Heart-eyes

One time poster
Message 90 of 99
Message 90 of 99

Hello ..

I have also encounter problem on my Xperia XA i bought it last Nov 2016 then after a month, i had noticed the blurry and foggy images from the main camera of my phone. i think it was scratches also in the camera lens.

i already tried to wipe the lens using cloth with alcohol but nothing was changed.

Do you have other solution for Xperia XA?

Appreciate a lot your reponse.

thanks..