account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

temporary fix for blurred image. camera lens cover scratching. etc

Adept
Message 41 of 99
Message 41 of 99

Re: temporary fix for blurred image. camera lens cover scratching. etc

i facing same problem also, i try to googling but some people told me should change the lens. i already try using alcohol to clean the lens, but still blur. i'm wondering how get rid the coating using a cloth and alcohol? Can i use a tools? maybe a toothpick?

Enthusiast
Message 42 of 99
Message 42 of 99

I am also not sure cause I can't see coating, is this coating have on everyone's xperia sp
Commissioner
Message 43 of 99
Message 43 of 99

use your fingernail to scratch on the lens, harder!

Adept
Message 44 of 99
Message 44 of 99

i give up. i can't peel the coating layer, even i use flat-head screwdriver . now the lens is damage. so sad.

Talent
Message 45 of 99
Message 45 of 99

@xsp252

I am also not sure cause I can't see coating, is this coating have on everyone's xperia sp

Some later X-SPs didn't have the coating, it's not on my wifes 2014 phone although it is on my 2013 one.

Should you wand to replace the lens cover Edmund Optical do Gorilla Glass or even saphire windows in all sizes. Measure the existing one, dia and thickness, and I'll look up the order number.

Dave

Talent
Message 46 of 99
Message 46 of 99

I said this is a temporary fix. Xsp camera is a worse one. It can only take good pictures in good light conditions
Adept
Message 47 of 99
Message 47 of 99

i wanna buy if there any lens with more stracth resistant for my xperia xp.

Talent
Message 48 of 99
Message 48 of 99

Dimentions of the Xperia SP lens window are as follows.....

Diameter: 8.25mm

Thickness: 1.25mm

Material: cheap bit of plastic, sometimes coated.

The nearest size window, which is totally scratch proof, available from Edmund Optics Ltd is.....

Diameter: 7.5mm

Thickness 0.4mm

Material: sapphire, uncoated part number #43-628

Although slightly different in size just fit with a bit of ingenuity and forget.

Dave

Adept
Message 49 of 99
Message 49 of 99

thank for info,

no wonder when i asked to sony, the lens price is cheap. it just a cheap plastic.

Commissioner
Message 50 of 99
Message 50 of 99

I have done that but there's no any coating covered my lens? Is you phone an old one or something?