account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

temporary fix for blurred image. camera lens cover scratching. etc

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 99
Message 1 of 99

temporary fix for blurred image. camera lens cover scratching. etc

Like you, I was also suffering from blurred images, faded images and focusing problem in my xsp due to the scratches on my camera lense cover. Actually it is not the scratches on your camera glass. But those scratchess are made on a coating provided over the glass by Sony. That coating may peel off within few months. Today I cleaned the residues of that peeled off coating by using a cloth and spray containing alcohol. Now the glass become clean. No scratch like appearances. And the camera focuses very sharply. No blurr. No fade. No focusing problem. Soooooo happy

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3U5RvOnR4UoTjhaVThJVktYY1k/edit?usp=docslist_api

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3U5RvOnR4UodFh1eWpzejJZQlU/edit?usp=docslist_api

Here are 2 pics taken after cleaning the lens cover. Take a look on its focusing
98 REPLIES 98
Talent
Message 2 of 99
Message 2 of 99

Re: temporary fix for blurred image. camera lens cover scratching. etc

PC_20140609_170159.jpg

Talent
Message 3 of 99
Message 3 of 99

DSC_0182.JPG

Talent
Message 4 of 99
Message 4 of 99

These are the pics described above.
Commissioner
Message 5 of 99
Message 5 of 99

I used this method on my wife's Xperia SP, and I confirm it works!  After cleanning the lens, the picture captured by Xperia SP is totally different! (I just used my fingernail scratch on the lens for 2 mins)Slightly smiling Face

thank you so much!

Talent
Message 6 of 99
Message 6 of 99

Me too scratched. But it become more ugly. After trying this method. All blurrs are disappeared
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 99
Message 7 of 99

hey my phone is new and i want to remove this ant reflex thing !! but i tried everything and i cant !! what can i do ?

Talent
Message 8 of 99
Message 8 of 99

Nothing to do now. Your camera will show its deseases after a couple of month. Then just wet the camera glass by a small drop of water and scatch it with your finger nail. Then wipe the water and rub the glass with a colth wetted by a spray or some alcohol.
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 99
Message 9 of 99

aha ok ! thank you so much !! so i should just wait!!

Message 10 of 99
Message 10 of 99

This really fixed my issues with the camera. I started thinking it was the latest firmware's fault for the horrible blurred and white oversaturation. I have a LensPen for my DSLR and will use it every now and then to keep the lens clean.

Thanks again for the tip.