account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

random reboot and apps opening

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

random reboot and apps opening

My phone has been randomly rebooting itself for a while now.  It does it frequently, sometimes 3-4 times in a row.  What is going on?

Also, it opens the browser and playstore randomly as well and I get some spam thing.  This is chewing up data. 

I ran an anti-virus but it doesn't find anything.

Help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Re: random reboot and apps opening

@jim40

Safe mode will disable third party apps, if you don't experience the same issue then it's a third party causing it. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

17 REPLIES 17
Emperor
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

@jim40

Do you experience the same on safe mode

does your phone has a protective film/case? 

do you have any antivirus or taskiller apps? have you sideloaded any apps?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

Hi,  Never tried safe mode.  Have very few apps and no games.  No case or anything

Emperor
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

@jim40

Safe mode will disable third party apps, if you don't experience the same issue then it's a third party causing it. 

Visitor
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

that seems to have worked, just did it though.  Thanks very much!!  What is a 3rd party app?

Emperor
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

@jim40

Any app that you've installed (not preloaded apps)

Visitor
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

So I am the 3rd party lol.  thanks so much for your help!!

Emperor
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

@jim40

Anytime

Visitor
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

continuous rebooting

my SP continuously reboots itself, turning off and on.  Why is it doing this?  Doesn't matter if it's fully charged or not

Highlighted
Genius
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

Re: continuous rebooting

Hi @jim40

Please, boot your device into safe mode as explained here. If this issue is not present in this mode, that indicates a third party app is causing the problem. In this case exit Safe Mode and then un-install any third party apps you don't need and clear the cache/data for the apps you want to keep.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas