account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

camera resolution

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

camera resolution

problem is that the camera resolution which is shown in setings is just 7M while in actual is 8M shown in specification on the site. so what is wrong with my phone????setting pic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Re: camera resolution

I mentioned this in my other thread.

When using camera in Superior Auto mode or when HDR is on, then max image size is 7MPix. If you wan't to use max size of 8MPix, then switch to normal mode and turn of HDR.

EDIT: Some people were faster in answer :-)

10 REPLIES 10
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

What's wrong ? Switch settings from "Superior auto" to "Normal" :smileysmileywink:

For some unknown reason "Superior auto" uses 7Mpix only...

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Turn off HDR

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

I mentioned this in my other thread.

When using camera in Superior Auto mode or when HDR is on, then max image size is 7MPix. If you wan't to use max size of 8MPix, then switch to normal mode and turn of HDR.

EDIT: Some people were faster in answer :-)

One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

SP camera don't clicks like other 8MP camera does

I compared sp's camera with xperia c  which also has a same 8MP resolution. But there is a lot of difference between them, C's image is much better than SP img.

I am very disappointed even after paying this much.

Adept
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Re: SP camera don't clicks like other 8MP camera does

Yes, everybody know that

Adviser
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Agree with ash
Regular
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Sony experia sp video

My Experia Sp has terrible video results. picture freezes, breaks up and pixelates. Phone is only three months old.  Is it a software problem?

Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Re: Sony experia sp video

Yes,give software repair a try.You could exclude software issue if still having problems after repair.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Re: Sony experia sp video

How do I repair software?