account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Yellow tint

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 441 of 727
Message 441 of 727

Re: Yellow tint

You will NOT get a new phone. They will just replace the screen.

One time poster
Message 442 of 727
Message 442 of 727

Thank you,

The new replaced screen looks quite ugly, doesn't it? And do you believe that screens are manufactured in different countries by different manufacturers? - I don't.

I think the only wayout, in this more than just probable case that replacement screen turns out totally yellowish, could be some app, that one of them refers to, that plays with colour temps. Dont you know what this app could be?

One time poster
Message 443 of 727
Message 443 of 727

did you had a defective xperia s?

One time poster
Message 444 of 727
Message 444 of 727

so much about this crap. how i wish that sony will just recall this faulty xperia s so I can move on with my regular life. This had cause me a lot of stress and trouble.

One time poster
Message 445 of 727
Message 445 of 727

they keep on stressing to get my phone repaired. this only a month old phone. if Sony was right that they were able to determine specific batch of phone having this faulty screen how come they are still selling it. Sony should have just recalled this phone before they even hit the shelves.

well who would CARE and listen any way. No refund, no return you bought consumer just need to deal with it.

I will never never buy any SONY PRODUCTs in my entire life anymore.  EVER!

3eb
One time poster
Message 446 of 727
Message 446 of 727

1403, To be honest, I'm not sure if the photographs do the screens justice, remember that the camera has to adjust the white balance because of the brightness of the screens - it's hard to see much of a difference between the original and the replacement and I don't recall my screen being as yellow as that originally - also remember that the Samsung has a more blue color temperature.  In terms of apps for adjusting color temperature, there's nothing that immediately springs to mind.  Bear in mind though that the developers working on the ICS update will probably calibrate the software to produce accurate colors on the new panels, if you remember, this happened when the Nexus S received the 2.3.3 update last year, so I suppose Sony could do something similar, to 'cool down' the colour temperature as it were.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 447 of 727
Message 447 of 727

I just checked and my status has changed to "Despatched Back to Customer (Repaired)" They have provided Royal Mail tracking info and a new IMEI which clearly says it's a replacement. I'm not sure if they've posted it yesterday or just this morning.

Skybeta have you received yours yet?

One time poster
Message 448 of 727
Message 448 of 727

raminxp, nope not yet. i guess probably monday

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 449 of 727
Message 449 of 727

hey i cant find any information anywhere about who and how to contact sony? about my yellow tinit on my phone. im in the UK. i read you need to take it to a sony service center but the i cant seem to find any info.

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers.

poor battery life, no ICS for at least 5 months after purchase and now a yellow tint on the screen. not exactly "flag ship" kit is it sony!!!! shambles springs to mind

3eb
One time poster
Message 450 of 727
Message 450 of 727

Contact Sony here, although from experience I would recommend you contact your point of purchase - o2 for example will collect the phone from your home and offer a 3 day turnaround for repair or provide you with a refurbished handset.  If you do send your handset to Sony, contact the service center in advance on 01233619320 to check they have parts, otherwise you may end up waiting weeks for the replacement component.