account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Yellow tint

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 391 of 727
Message 391 of 727

Re: Yellow tint

i have the tint problem...There is no Sony Customer Service Center in my Country...Can Some one Answer Me the two things???

Please ...

1> Wheather the Tint Increases with the use... i mean wheather it will effect the full screen in future???

2> Wheather this problem will solve in Ice Cream Sandwich Update??? and when SONY is Going to Issue the update of ICS for Xperia S???

3eb
One time poster
Message 392 of 727
Message 392 of 727

Guys,

I'm interested in hearing how you've been checking the status of your repair -

I have always done this through chat 'support' but it sounds as if there is somewhere I can check the status using my repair reference - although they told me there is no such tool available and I had to check through them.

Cheers

Enthusiast
Message 393 of 727
Message 393 of 727

1: Hard to say for certain, as most users wont keep/have their phone long enough to find out, certainly not me anyway.

2: It's a hardware issue, so NO update is going to resolve this.

ICS should be available June/July time.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 394 of 727
Message 394 of 727

I Have the phone set from almost one month... i had the problem but i cant send to SONy because there is no service center in my country...
The Tint was on the Bottom...and now a little bit yellow tint started on the Top Right Corner of the screen Slightly frowning Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 395 of 727
Message 395 of 727

3eb,

Go to this link if you are in the UK:

https://extranet.sbe-ltd.co.uk/enduser/index.php

3eb
One time poster
Message 396 of 727
Message 396 of 727

Cheers mate,

"Me: Is there a link where I can monitor the progress of the repair using my reference?

Sony: Unfortunately there isnt a link for a database that customers can view in order to check repair process"

I'm afraid it's still 'awaiting component'

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 397 of 727
Message 397 of 727

No problem mate.

I hate that phrase "awaiting component"

It's been like that for weeks ....

Can't believe they are neglecting us and we're letting them get away with it.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 398 of 727
Message 398 of 727

i bought my Xperia S in malaysia. after using it for a couple of days, i noticed the yellow tint all around the edge and corners of the phone screen. i got frustrated as its getting obvious the next day. i did some research and noticed Sony promise to replace any phone with this problem without cost. so what i did was i send it back to the phone shop where i bought it to complaint. they send it to the service centre for me and try to get a replacement for me. they send it on the 2nd of May. a week later, i called the shop owner and they say the sony service centre is working on it. but until now, there is still no news about my phone. i called again recently and the shop owner say that the service centre isnt willing to replace a new phone. the shop owner had been arguing with them but the service centre are trying to push the fact that sony promise to replace a new one. they seem to be running and pretending to not replace a new one. how can this be? i thought sony had promised to replace without cost before? i even have the proof where sony stated their promise. i only used the phone for less than a week and now this is the problem. until now not solved. is this suppose to be sony's fault? or the service centre's fault? why arent any action done? this is my very first phone and i really hope sony can look into this and replace a new one for me. imei num: 35171005-283873-6

One time poster
Message 399 of 727
Message 399 of 727

I called UK service centre yesterday and ask them to return my phone unrepaired, and she said she need to speak to the manager first. This morning she just called back 20 mins ago. She ask me if I would like to wait for a phone replacement, but its going to take a few days. And of course i said YES! LOL...so lets see how it goes....

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 400 of 727
Message 400 of 727

@ashleyng: I think you mis-read. Sony promised to replace the SCREEN, not the phone. You should have called the service center in advance to ensure they have the new replacement screens already.