account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow tint

SOLVED
Anonymous
N/A
Message 301 of 727
Message 301 of 727

Re: Yellow tint

I bought the phone on 14th April in INDIA. First 2 days I didn’t use the phone much, but the 3rd day when I used it rigorously, I accidently discovered it while using Flashlight (Android app where we have option of changing the color of screen).

I am very disappointed now.

Even though Sony has officially declared the replacement of display free of cost, in INDIA its tedious process.

I need to visit the SONY store; they will make me visit the store for weekly by telling

*We don’t know the issue yet.

*It's not in India yet.

*Some bull s**t reasons.

And when they finally agree it’s their fault, they will make us wait for months by tellng

*Sir Display stocks not yet arrived since its new phone

*They will not provide the ETA

*like politicians over here, they will just keep promising and postponing, but the things are never done.

By experiencing all this, finally Xperia S owner will be fed up and he accept the yellow tint as if its no issue and starts using it. Only INDIAN's can understand this pain. I’m not aware of situations in other countries.

Is there any way in I can directly contact SONY and get it replaced?

Any suggestions/comments will me much appreciated.

Anonymous
N/A
Message 302 of 727
Message 302 of 727

My wonderful yellow tint XperiaS have been gone with new owner..

I'm tired with the sh*t Sony customer care center. OneX is my phone now.

One time poster
Message 303 of 727
Message 303 of 727

So... you switched to a phone which also has yellow tint issues and poorer battery life? Some "upgrade".

Visitor
Message 304 of 727
Message 304 of 727

Hi All,

I have created a Poll, which can indicate what would you like Sony to do with this yellow tint issue.

see this link.... http://talk.sonymobile.com/polls/1133

Seems like only 15 people have this yellow tint issue... thanks to those 15... smile happy

Thanks

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 305 of 727
Message 305 of 727

Sony behavious on this Xperia S fault is very poor.  They want us to thank them for repairing them "free of charge" but refuse to recognise the inconvenience caused or the fact that I am paying for my mobile contract without a phone.  They even went as far as to suggest that is the retailers responsibility....so exactly how did Tesco become responsible for my ending up with a faulty POS that should never have passed QA?

One time poster
Message 306 of 727
Message 306 of 727

The first 2 hot days made this defect appear also in my phone...

One time poster
Message 307 of 727
Message 307 of 727

On the right hand bottom corner of my screen, a yellow patch appears whenever the phone has been used a bit.

Please tell me what I can do to remove this patch?

One time poster
Message 308 of 727
Message 308 of 727

Anonymous
N/A
Message 309 of 727
Message 309 of 727

Just to let you know, the only UK repair centre has no components to repair the screen at the moment so don't expect a speedy turnaround.

Honestly, this is getting farcical.

Commissioner
Message 310 of 727
Message 310 of 727

Hi, I am frim Singapore and just visited the local Sony Service Center.

This is what they tell me:

1)   They acknowledged the yellow screen issue but they are unable to do much now as they do not have the parts to change the screen. They were informed that it will take about 2 montbs for it to arrive.

2)   For those staying in Singapore, please also take note that the Service Center will undergo a much needed renovation and shall close from 21 May 2012.

I left my name and contact for them to call back once they are operational and ready. No point throwing a fuss since lemon law only comes in by September 2012. Since we bought Nozomi, which means "hope" in Japanese, just have to wait for them to produce, test and ensure that the parts are perfect before sending your 'girl' in for a change.