account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Yellow tint

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 151 of 727
Message 151 of 727

Re: Yellow tint

It's worth pointing out that owners of the HTC One X are reporting the same issue, as are a few of the iPad3 owners that I know...

Seems to be something common with the glue/acrylic filler they use in the Chinese factories.

One time poster
Message 152 of 727
Message 152 of 727

Derry: Local prices are SGD 720 for the Xperia S, 768 SGD for the One X.

One X owners are complainging of seriously POOR battery life (worse than the pre-.73 S) and, you guessed it, yellow spots/stain on the screen...

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 153 of 727
Message 153 of 727

when the yellow tint comes, put the phone in freezer and yellow goes away. If it was a melt, then I would say but maybe something else?

One time poster
Message 154 of 727
Message 154 of 727

It's not a melt, it's a specific issue with the glue/acrylic that makes it change color in warm temperatures.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 155 of 727
Message 155 of 727

glue between digitizer and LCD? after all they are all made in China and distrbuted to different market so they could be all infected by this except the ones got new glue. right?

One time poster
Message 156 of 727
Message 156 of 727

Sony would suggest their freezer product next

One time poster
Message 157 of 727
Message 157 of 727

Nimche: correct, probably the same substance used by Apple in the iPhone4 and iPad3 (yellow stain issue), and HTC One X (yellow stain issue).

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 158 of 727
Message 158 of 727

No suggestion, I already suggested you but there are better ways as well. You can carry a cold pack or even use snow in winter or water in summer. It won't get worse than this anyways.

One time poster
Message 159 of 727
Message 159 of 727

From what I have seen the yellow tint varies from hard-to-see to a clear spot. It will appear to be yellow spots around the screen on white background, and brighter color on some colors making it extremely annoying at some point

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 160 of 727
Message 160 of 727

When you pull down the notification bar, it is very visible as white cloud. On my phone on upper right corner there is a yellow cloud that is on screen no mtter what, warm or cold