account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia™ SP - eCompass™

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Xperia™ SP - eCompass™

The white paper mentions that the Xperia SP phone has no magnetometer, however, says he has eCompass.

Xperia™ SP have magnetometer or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Xperia™ SP - eCompass™

Our blogger Joe Padre confirms no magnetometer with the Xperia SP here: http://developer.sonymobile.com/2013/03/18/xperia-sp-xperia-l-two-newest-additions-that-broaden-sony... (Comment 13)

8 REPLIES 8
Genius
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Our blogger Joe Padre confirms no magnetometer with the Xperia SP here: http://developer.sonymobile.com/2013/03/18/xperia-sp-xperia-l-two-newest-additions-that-broaden-sony... (Comment 13)

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

One time poster
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I recently purchased xperia sp.. Used it a week without problem.. Aftr a week I cme to know about the power key in my sp is nt properly aligned.. its inside out. . is this ok or is my handset faulty..?? Please help
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

jluisfa:

As latest version (august 2013 rev.) of whitepaper says, all versions of SP (C5302, C5303 and C5306) really have magnetometer. Download it again and you'll see :smileysmileywink: Try it here.

Or try some of "sensor tester" applications from Google Play... If you already have SP, of course Slightly smiling Face

I know, previous version of whitepaper denied this sensor...

Visitor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

if you open the service menu..you can even test that among other things! 

Talent
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

What do you mean by service menu?
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

*#*#7378423#*#*-service tests.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Did the compass test in the service menu. The reading stays nearly solid between 350 and 360. Calibration does change the reading but not the sensitivity of the sensor. It's stuck.