account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia SP after updating to 4.3

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Xperia SP after updating to 4.3

Hi,

I bought Xperia SP in Feb 2014. I updated my phone to Android Version 4.3 (update number 12.1.A.0.266) via Sony PC Companion & Now i have following issues with my phone,

I have read in other forums too that a lot of other users are also experiencing similar issue,

• Screen Flickering - While i Turn On/Off the display. 
  • Slow - Phone works slowly. Less Responsive now.
  • RAM Consumption - RAM Consumption is high, above 600MB all the time. Earlier it was half of what it is now.
  • LED Light Effects - Now it doesn't light in sync with Music played in Walkman. Now it is just lit constant when music is played. No Effects!
  • Screen Brightness/Backlight - Turning On/Off the Backlight is Not Available. Now i can only adjust Brightness.
  • Battery - The Battery Drains Out Quickly.
  • Missing Options - Developer / Screen Shot (holding power key and volume - key is not convenient)
  • Boot Time - Longer boot Time. Takes a Lot more time now to start.
  • Camera - Poor Quality Pictures. Very grainy & not sharp.
  • Ear Phone Music Quality - Not Good. Sony's $50 Portable Mp3 Players Sound Better.

I had none of the issues mentioned above. 

PLEASE SUGGEST!!! 

I am not happy with the update. Is it Possible to Undo the Sony's Android 4.3 Update and get the Origional Launch Version Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).

Sunny

________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi,

Kindly do the needful as I have done exactly what was suggested however there’s still no improvement.

• I have tried to repair the software on my phone with Sony PC Companion.

• Done Factory Reset.

• I visited to my nearest Sony Xperia service center hoping to get the Old software version (4.1) back however they do not have it. They have also tried to Update the phone software (Re-updated to 4.3) and Repair however I still have the same issues.

Sony Xperia SP phone after the latest Android Version 4.3 (update number 12.1.A.0.266) isn’t responding well and there are numerous issues with it.

Request you to kindly provide us with some concrete solution to overcome with the problems being faced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Re: Xperia SP after updating to 4.3

Finally the Good News Came on April 02, 2014.

A Latest Software is Available for Sony Xperia SP user ;

Android version: Google Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)

Latest available software: 12.1.A.1.201

Release started: 2014-04-02

Updated My Phone and finally some concrete improvement seen,

• So Happy now, as the LED issue is fixed now.

• Walkman Quality has improved after updating to Version 8.1.A.0.3

• RAM consumption is Less ( Uninstallig McAfee made it better)

• Performance has Improved.

So far , it looks good! Happy!Slightly smiling Face

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

1.turn adapt to light condition off

2,when you updated your phone?recently?let new firmware to settle down

3.how much free ram you have?less than 300-280?

4.this one is a BUG!

5.it seems new feature!(old one still better)

6.you must work with phone..it takes time to battery drainage return to normal

7.tap 7-8 on about phone

8.higher than 15-20 seconds?

9-10:BUGS!

Visitor
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

All my games aren't working - Asphalt 8, NFs Most Wanted, Subway Surfs
Rookie
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

I AM FACING ALL THE PROBLEMS AS MENTIONED ABOVE. How to overcome it. Please suggest some ideas.
Commissioner
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Some of them you can solve by instructions Danial-mach1 wrote couple posts above and some of them maybe with next firmware.

You can always try SUS repair, but for some problems, it won't solve anything.

In some cases there is only one option.. to wait for update. I believe this is one of those cases.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

If you want to find Developer options, go to Settings - about phone - Build number

Tap on Build number 6 times.

Return to Settings, now you have Developer options
Highlighted
Talent
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

4.3 fw for sp is the worst update i ever saw in my xperias..... i have the most problems you mention above and the biggest of all is the screen flickering every 1 second like a pulse... i cant use my phone with 4.3 and im really angry cause i paid 250euro for that phone for get the performance i should have... im really dissapointed with sony. its like they developed 4.3 in 1 day and pass the update without tests :S lets hope they will fix everything in upcoming update..

Apprentice
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Finally the Good News Came on April 02, 2014.

A Latest Software is Available for Sony Xperia SP user ;

Android version: Google Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)

Latest available software: 12.1.A.1.201

Release started: 2014-04-02

Updated My Phone and finally some concrete improvement seen,

• So Happy now, as the LED issue is fixed now.

• Walkman Quality has improved after updating to Version 8.1.A.0.3

• RAM consumption is Less ( Uninstallig McAfee made it better)

• Performance has Improved.

So far , it looks good! Happy!Slightly smiling Face

Rookie
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Please update the RAM consumption

-Somnath J

Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Hello.

I'd like thank all the good people, for all the hard work they've put in, to make this a better phone.

Unfortunately I'm having great difficulty with the new update.

I had to factory reset my phone, I had to reload all my apps. At present, It either lags badly or works ok.

Issues

A lot longer reboot time.

Upon reboot, now always asks to confirm language settings.

Many apps hang and lag to the point a dialouge box appears. "this application is not responding.and will close" opitions available are, "wait, report, ok." It does is this on core aplications like phone text message application. I can only recal it doing it once or twice since I've had the phone. Now it happens 10 plus times a day.

I may have to swipe 3-4 times to answer a phone call.

Batter life shorter and at times, when I plug USB cable in to charge it, it doesn't show its charging. Battery indicator shows % of battery power droping. Must reboot hadset for it to charge.

Differences

Screen Shot process is now very inconvenient. I liked the 1 button process.

When in an app that I could share a link or url, ie. soundcloud, gmail. I could always choose from the options available, ie. Facebook, text message, to copy it to my clip board. Now its not available.

When highlighting a URL or link, options appeard at the top. One option was to copy. Thats not there anymore.

Was happy with my phone until it took the update. What can i do to fix it?

Version is 4.3 and build 12.1.A.0.266

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers.

Steve