account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia SP WiFi disconnect when start up Bluetooth.

One time poster
Message 1 of 36
Message 1 of 36

Xperia SP WiFi disconnect when start up Bluetooth.

Dear all

As title.Does anyone got problem: WiFi disconnect when start up Bluetooth?

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Master
Message 2 of 36
Message 2 of 36

Re: Xperia SP WiFi disconnect when start up Bluetooth.

wow i just checked my phone and this indeed is happening. Neutral Face maybe it's just a software bug. and i hope the issues gets solved in the coming updates.

if you are willing just do a software repair.

http://www.sonymobile.com/in/tools/pc-companion/

One time poster
Message 3 of 36
Message 3 of 36

I also have the same issue when I have my Smartwatch 2 connected to my phone the Wifi will cut out and not pick up any more signals!!! Really really annoying as I have a limited data plan and do not want to burn through it. O
Rookie
Message 4 of 36
Message 4 of 36

Loathed to report the issue to Sony as last time I reported WiFi signal strength of the SP to them I just got fobbed off. REALLY hope it's fixed in an update soon... I just re-pair the bluetooth then all is okay until I use WiFi again. How annoying :'(
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 36
Message 5 of 36

That is odd and cerainly not common. With this being the case it would certainly be worth trying a software repair:

1. Download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 6 of 36
Message 6 of 36

I have the same problem.

Sw2 takes out Wi-Fi, ram seems to be used up by non-existent apps, basically, the phone **bleep**.

Sony need to fire their development team. These updates are far worse than having no updates. I think I'm going to have to flash my phone and put a custom Rom on it. 

I used to love Sony. Well done guys, you've lost yet another customer. But them Sony is losing so much money it'll go bankrupt soon anyway. I can see why.

One time poster
Message 7 of 36
Message 7 of 36

Same here but the problem comes and goes. When I contacted Sony Greece they seem to know nothing about it and they suggested a repair (data loss) with the PC companion or take it to the service.

The phone is brand new (a couple of months old) unrooted or modified in any way.

Every update Sony releases seems to make the problems of the phone even worse.

Disappointed and frustrated... Anguished Face

Apprentice
Message 8 of 36
Message 8 of 36

Does look commun enough because I see several messages here about this problem. I also have a SW2 connected to my phone, it might be related ? In any case I would do "repair" procedure if anyone succeded to fix the problem doing so. But I'm afraid it's the standard response to buy time and it won't solve anything, and me it will cost me one day of seting up everything.

Visitor
Message 9 of 36
Message 9 of 36

This is definitely NOT an isolated problem.

I just checked (must have started with .201) - I have the same issue with WIFI not sending/receiving (but still connecting) with activated Bluetooth. Xperia SP unmodded, untempered - all system updates done by the book on the air via WIFI. And I am one of the lucky few who does not have any (other than this) issues with the 4.3 update.

So the situation is now that my new Sony Smartwatch 2 is also starting to suffer from my Sony Xperia SP deficiencies...

As a side note, sadly enough, I chose the Sony product to get the best compatibility with my new SW2. That was just half a year ago. And the then still advertised and promised 4.4. KitKat update was a main criterion to get the Xperia SP...

Rookie
Message 10 of 36
Message 10 of 36

Have followed the update procedure and still the same issue... Unable to use WiFi when my Xperia SP is connected to my smartwatch 2 over bluetooth. Turn off bluetooth and heypresto WiFi connects again. Then smartconnect has trouble with connecting to smartwatch again when bluetooth is back on. - Sigh!