account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia SP Doesn't Support Gyroscope and Accelerometer?!

SOLVED
Genius
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia SP Doesn't Support Gyroscope and Accelerometer?!

So i was about to test the gyroscope and accelerometer calibration at Test Service.But then it said "This device does not support this function"Screenshot_2013-09-16-22-28-10[3].png

AlwaysHereToHelp #ThankYouKobe24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: Xperia SP Doesn't Support Gyroscope and Accelerometer?!

Which version of Xperia SP do you have ?

On my C5303 Sensor List confirms, and shows live graphs for them, both sensors you're talking about :smileysmileywink:

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

I suspect this only means that the service menu can't calibrate them. The service menu may have options that are not intended for the model in question as it's used in several models.

Try downloading an app or game that uses these sensors to see if they work properly like Temple Run or simply turn the phone when in Chrome and see if the displays switches to horizontal.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Which version of Xperia SP do you have ?

On my C5303 Sensor List confirms, and shows live graphs for them, both sensors you're talking about :smileysmileywink:

Genius
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hah!Just as you said!Chrome did switches to horizontal display.Not even a flaw is found of this phone.Thanks!

Genius
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Jarda:My Xperia is C5303 LTE Version,Not rooted.Firmware newest .254 

Commissioner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Use the diagnosis app to find out if it does you can't find out from *#*#service#*#*