account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia SP 4.3 update availability

Rookie
Message 521 of 761
Message 521 of 761

Re: Xperia SP 4.3 update availability

@frantizsekk wrote:

I live in ireland, got it the very first day! Did you try the sony update service or Pc companion? But you better wait for the .192

Hi, frantizsekk. Where did you get the upgrade from?!

Thanks,

David.

Commissioner
Message 522 of 761
Message 522 of 761

@DavidON wrote:

@frantizsekk wrote:

I live in ireland, got it the very first day! Did you try the sony update service or Pc companion? But you better wait for the .192

Hi, frantizsekk. Where did you get the upgrade from?!

Thanks,

David.

David - can you post your customisation number? 4.3 has rolled out on O2, Vodafone and Meteor in Ireland, but it sounds like you have an unbranded handset.

Rookie
Message 523 of 761
Message 523 of 761

@blackbox wrote:
David - can you post your customisation number? 4.3 has rolled out on O2, Vodafone and Meteor in Ireland, but it sounds like you have an unbranded handset.

Sure, it's 1272-4687_R13A (standard generic, IIRC).

I thought I'd been following things here since 4.3 was released - but I completely missed any mentions of Ireland! Idle curiosity, can you remember when the updates arrived here?

Message 524 of 761
Message 524 of 761

@DavidON wrote:

@blackbox wrote:

Sure, it's 1272-4687_R13A (standard generic, IIRC).

I thought I'd been following things here since 4.3 was released - but I completely missed any mentions of Ireland! Idle curiosity, can you remember when the updates arrived here?

mines also 1272-4687 R13A...when did you recieve the update?

Commissioner
Message 525 of 761
Message 525 of 761

Sony Pc companion. But I highly recommend the Sony update service. That will puit in a clean copy of an all new system. After updating with the pcc my phone has gone extremly slow and nothing helped.

SUS link: link

One time poster
Message 526 of 761
Message 526 of 761

Just downloaded the 4.3 update for my xperia sp in Canada through Virgin. Aaaand it ruined my phone. Chrome wont work, and I cant use the internet for anything. Battery is dying super quick, and every single function of my phone is lagging, crashing, or just broken. I DO NOT suggest this update!

Commissioner
Message 527 of 761
Message 527 of 761

Same as everybody here Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 528 of 761
Message 528 of 761

@redbeardson wrote:

Just downloaded the 4.3 update for my xperia sp in Canada through Virgin. Aaaand it ruined my phone. Chrome wont work, and I cant use the internet for anything. Battery is dying super quick, and every single function of my phone is lagging, crashing, or just broken. I DO NOT suggest this update!

Try uninstalling Chrome updates and clear the cache. Lots of people needed to do a clean reinstall using SUS after upgrading - that would be my next step if I were you.

Visitor
Message 529 of 761
Message 529 of 761

DO NOT INSTALL UPDATE

Live in Canada. Just updated. On the Fido network. Started out fine after update. Was running kind of laggy then all of a sudden it froze and the phone turned off. It will not turn on. Tried hard reset. Nothing works. Even when pluged in the LED bar does not light up.

SONY you better fix this. Im not paying for a phone after YOU told me to update.

Thank you

Visitor
Message 530 of 761
Message 530 of 761

My phone just magically turned back on.

Still, not pleased.