account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia SP 4.3 update availability

Adviser
Message 711 of 761
Message 711 of 761

Re: Xperia SP 4.3 update availability

It stays very annoying! I do not understand what we're paid money? If our phones Xperia SP remains almost the only and even in some other areas which have not received a 4.3 .... 205! is it so hard to update all devices at the same time or at least a week with a space, but accidentally six months there is no change!
I and many others have Customized UK Xperia SP! when we finally receive an update here if anyone can tell, because the contact with the support does not make any sense!

Sorry for my bad English!

fg.PNG

Enthusiast
Message 712 of 761
Message 712 of 761

ANOTHER WEEK and week of sileance  by the once great and  once powerful SONY on the UK unbraded update ( or lack of it)

SPEAK TO US PLEASE... TELL US THE REASON AT LEAST  !!!!!

Message 713 of 761
Message 713 of 761

At last!!  I posted a couple of weeks ago. [please read]. and now after 6 months of XSP ownership, Companion now says i have an update. This is my first and only!!  I am downloading now and shall report back....as previous poster said, his download was the same, at 12.0.A build and 4.1, so we shall see in a moment if mine stays the same too! also, mine has the 3 sim problem of removing the 4G/LTE option in my phone, so am really hopeful his download will retain it [tho really thats a 3 fault, not a sony]!

Rookie
Message 714 of 761
Message 714 of 761

I have just updated my phone via Sony PC Companion. I have a unbranded UK Xperia SP, it appears the update was only a 4G software update as I can now enable 4G on my phone. My android version and build number remain the same. So Jelly Bean 4.3 is yet to arrive for unbranded UK customers.
Regular
Message 715 of 761
Message 715 of 761

UK GENERIC users customization no.1272-4687 u are less likely to get 4.3.
So Google and search for ftf file flash it. Warrenty not void. U still get the updates from Sony.. Flashing doesn't mean rooting

After u flash with a generic ftf ur customization no gets changed( the update providing centre gets Changed) and u are ready to receive new updates as soon as Sony releases.
U must try this 4.3 with. 205 is like awesome. Eth is new and better.
Trust my words and flash with some other region
But make sure u flash with a generic ftf so that u don't experience any bug.
Message 716 of 761
Message 716 of 761

@summit1881 wrote:
UK GENERIC users customization no.1272-4687 u are less likely to get 4.3.

Why? I want Sony to tell me why.

Enthusiast
Message 717 of 761
Message 717 of 761

I have customization 1272-4687-R15A.  ... why is this ot going to get upgrade ........ and where can we download a .205 version suitable for Uk

Inhabitant
Message 718 of 761
Message 718 of 761

How can a version of the sp be less likely to get the update??
Enthusiast
Message 719 of 761
Message 719 of 761

No update in Ireland either

dt1
Learner
Message 720 of 761
Message 720 of 761

Never again Sony...crap wifi, crap battery, crap camera, crap screen, laggy UI AND still stuck on an ancient android version. You even made me download 4.1.2 AGAIN the same time you announced the latest 4.3 is rolling out just to get my hopes up.  Do you realise many SP users are checking very often for this update and its still not available and you wont give any information

NEVER AGAIN

You treat customers like this, you lose business

I think I'll donate this lame device to charity and buy a nice cheap chinese phone which will be better in every aspect including a newer android version.