account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia SP 4.3 update availability

Message 481 of 761
Message 481 of 761

Re: Xperia SP 4.3 update availability

Sweet so not that long to wait then, at least we have the exact software I'd and that the UK will get bug fix update straight after, so maybe I haven't given up hope Grinning Face
Commissioner
Message 482 of 761
Message 482 of 761

Well, despite of some of bugs I've encountered in 4.3 version, I'm not losing hope in Sony developers, because I know how hard is to create software.

Time is always an issue and patience is always a virtue. :smileysmileywink:

Message 483 of 761
Message 483 of 761

yeah i agree but when you need a fix then its hard to wait haha, i really need the wifi fix

Inhabitant
Message 484 of 761
Message 484 of 761

you need wifi fix? haha, i need lag and freeze fix, camera stopping fix and bravia engine fix xd

Message 485 of 761
Message 485 of 761

well its part wifi, part s**t router from BT, i cant reach wifi upstairs Slightly frowning Face  and i havnt recieved 4.3 yet so hopefully i will soon

Enthusiast
Message 486 of 761
Message 486 of 761

Screenshot_2014-03-14-15-46-36.png
@AshleyAstbury wrote:
I'm starting to give up, might flash a ftf, any o2 UK ftf

@FYI you don't need a UK 02 ftf to flash your handset upto 266 I've been running it since launch on my UK unbranded and I'm  having no problem with it,  NON!  NO BUGS,  NOTHING!  all I did was flash an ftf from a respectable dev @ xda forum. I'm using an Australian generic unbranded firmware. Have 403mb free ram.  Smooth as silk and the new UI is beautiful. The bugs IMHO are caused by PCC and/or people not cleaning out the residual trash data upon updating. I did.  I also kept my baseband. Ran a fix through SUS and then whala!!  Fully functioning bugless build. You don't have to be a pro its simple and straight forward. As for the bug fix update, Sony customer service will tell you anything to shut you up and stop questioning, I've spoke to them many times, each time getting a new story there full of bull!  02 are the same, so I wrote to the UK head of development and he stated that they didn't receive the update until March 2nd.  So...  It's no going to be showing up any time soon.  EE are in there early testing stage...  Late March rollout and that's if it passes. Taking the initiative and flashing it myself was the best move I've ever made and won't be bothering with the so called fix as I simply don't need or want it. 

Message 487 of 761
Message 487 of 761

@ashly if you want to go for manual update with tft use that wtfman used!for now he has the best tft update!

however i suggest wait a little more for .192

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 488 of 761
Message 488 of 761

I would like to manually update it to the Australian one like wtfman but i would like to know if is possible to come back to normal when the official UK one will be realeased

Message 489 of 761
Message 489 of 761

yes you can revert it back when official one is unleashed

Commissioner
Message 490 of 761
Message 490 of 761

@wtfman wrote:

@AshleyAstbury wrote:
I'm starting to give up, might flash a ftf, any o2 UK ftf

@FYI you don't need a UK 02 ftf to flash your handset upto 266 I've been running it since launch on my UK unbranded and I'm  having no problem with it,  NON!  NO BUGS,  NOTHING!  all I did was flash an ftf from a respectable dev @ xda forum. I'm using an Australian generic unbranded firmware. Have 403mb free ram.  Smooth as silk and the new UI is beautiful. The bugs IMHO are caused by PCC and/or people not cleaning out the residual trash data upon updating. I did.  I also kept my baseband. Ran a fix through SUS and then whala!!  Fully functioning bugless build. You don't have to be a pro its simple and straight forward. As for the bug fix update, Sony customer service will tell you anything to shut you up and stop questioning, I've spoke to them many times, each time getting a new story there full of bull!  02 are the same, so I wrote to the UK head of development and he stated that they didn't receive the update until March 2nd.  So...  It's no going to be showing up any time soon.  EE are in there early testing stage...  Late March rollout and that's if it passes. Taking the initiative and flashing it myself was the best move I've ever made and won't be bothering with the so called fix as I simply don't need or want it. 

What happened to CE1, did that not work out?