account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia S battery drops to 0%

SOLVED
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Xperia S battery drops to 0%

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new here and made my research but did not really find similar issues. My problem is that the phone drops the charge completely to 0.

Yesterday I made a phone call at 10pm, right after the phone call the screen went black, and I could not turn the phone back on. Then got home at around 1am, plugged it on the charger and nothing happened unil cca 6:30am in the morning. It just started to show a red led after 5-5.5hrs on the charger and some charge has started to appear. Up until this point the phone was completely dead.

This is the second time this is happening to me. First it happened when the phone was a day old. Now it happens, when the phone is at least a month old.

Below is the screenshot of the current stage. Actually in between the drop and the beginning of the charge there is cca 5hrs on the charger (not visible on the chart) without any results.

The device is as is, factory default, haven't touched the ROM, not rooted, it has the recent sw update, build number: 6.0.A.3.73

This issue is very annoying, as I have been left without phone twice so far in cases when I needed the most. Any ideas?

screenshot_2012-04-30_0651.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Re: Xperia S battery drops to 0 while on a call

One of the deadly bug in Xperias, whose solution is to remove battery. But xperia S has built in battery

Now first switch off mobile

press down power button and voume up button at the same time for

1) - 5 seconds
2) - 10 seconds

Do the same procedure once again when mobile is on

1) - 5 seconds
2) - 10 second

See how it goes. If doesn't helps then do what uli says Slightly smiling Face

13 REPLIES 13
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

the problem could be an app, or some bug, I'd noticed that you have a taskiller, you don't need it, it just drains your battery and create more issues than it solve, backup everything and then repair your phone with SUS

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

this is how to backup everything

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/172285#172285

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

One of the deadly bug in Xperias, whose solution is to remove battery. But xperia S has built in battery

Now first switch off mobile

1) - 5 seconds
2) - 10 seconds

Do the same procedure once again when mobile is on

1) - 5 seconds
2) - 10 second

See how it goes. If doesn't helps then do what uli says Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Thanks Guys,

Well the interesting part, that when it did this first, the phone was only 1-2 days old. Barely naked from apps. re: the task killer

Anyways I am on a Mac right now, so I gotto wait few days for the s/w update until I will be around a PC.

I have done the tricks also by Nabeel, let's see how it goes. The problem is totally random. Might take months to perform the same issue. Will keep you informed.

Thanks again.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

You could use Bridge for Mac: http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/bridge-for-mac/

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Thanks Sam.

The interesting part is, I have done Nabeel's trick, and now my phone ran 24hrs and still 62% charged. I am impressed. What did I do? Slightly smiling Face

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

You disconnected the battery Winking Face that is all what is needed to overcome this issue Slightly smiling Face ( i hope it really solved )
Check correct answer here ( one of the deadly bug )

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Thx, I'm really impressed on the improvement. Now hoping that this issue will never arise.

Now just have to get my screen replaced and finally I will have a cool phone. (The yellow spot on the bottom of the screen exists for me too.)

Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

So I also face this sort of sudden drop i was thinking maybe its cause of software and would be fixed.
um so a question as far as the method is concerned.
it will turn on after pressing the buttons for 5 seconds. do i turn it off again and then hold them again for 10 or do that as soon as it turns on?
and vice versa for the device being on.?
thanks.