account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia S LT26i showing up as Media device in device manager

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia S LT26i showing up as Media device in device manager

Hello everyone,

i have a Sony Xperia S LT26i, version 4.1.2 build 6.2.B.0.200. I was trying to install the ADB drivers for it for the past few hours, tried many different files, re booted my phone a lot of times, rolled back drivers and re-installed them but to no avail. I also used the android SDK and installed the Google usb drivers and the other necessary drivers but nothing happened. The mobile is listed under portable devices as Xperia S, was previously listed as an MTP device and now as a WPD composite device ( I don't know what the **bleep** that is). Please advise, literally at my wit's end and don't know what to do Crying Face...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia S LT26i showing up as Media device in device manager

What is it you are trying to do?

Have you tried turning on or off USB debugging in Developer options on your phones settings and you may also need to uninstall PCC and the driver via device manager then reinstalling PCC

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

What is it you are trying to do?

Have you tried turning on or off USB debugging in Developer options on your phones settings and you may also need to uninstall PCC and the driver via device manager then reinstalling PCC

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the PCC and the drivers, thank you for the suggestion. I was trying to get root access for my mobile to play games and install apps like chainfire lol. Thank you so much for the reply, have a good day.

Regards,

Usman

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Well the easiest way to get root these days is via DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit

Scroll down and look for this

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES!

NEW:

DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v17_perf-event-exploit.zip

Once downloaded follow these instructions

1. just download the file, extract it completely using winzip/winrar
  2. go to the folder where its extracted and execute "RUNME.bat"
  3. read and follow the instructions on the screen!
  4. REBOOT THE DEVICE AFTER THE SCRIPT HAS FINISHED EXECUTION!

Just to add for anyone else reading this - There is now no need to unlock your bootloader this will work on both locked and unlocked bootloaders

Highlighted
Regular
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hello There!

I am having the same exact problem! Please help me! I have tried reinstalling PCC but no luck :-(