account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Whether xperia sp has floating touch or not?

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Whether xperia sp has floating touch or not?

It seems like xperia sp has floating touch techonology. Sometimes when I keep my finger nearer to the screen,a small circle appears on the screen right below the finger and when I point the finger on to icons the open as if they were TOUCHED to open. I can also scroll web pages,move between touch screens.

this occurs only certain times but not all the time

Would like to know if floating touch exists for xperia sp and if exists,how to use it regularly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adviser
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

Re: Whether xperia sp has floating touch or not?

It exists as glove mode. To try, turn on glove mode in settings and try to unlock the screen by moving your finger slightly above the screen without touching it. If it is activated, you should see small circles around the area you are hovering on.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Master
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Xperia Sp doesn't have floating touch it happens because of the glove mode. Disable it and screen will behave normal.

Adviser
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

It exists as glove mode. To try, turn on glove mode in settings and try to unlock the screen by moving your finger slightly above the screen without touching it. If it is activated, you should see small circles around the area you are hovering on.

One time poster
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

Are you still experiencing this problem? I've disabled the glove ode but the irritating 'floating touch' still exists. How to disable? Help!

One time poster
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

i purchased this phone hardly a week ago.........i too experienced this thing,when i was tryin to change the song, i saw blue cirles/spots in the screen just below ma fingers when i touch and that made me fear......then i swiched off the phone and no problems untill now,Is it just because of the glove mode or some other problems.......please reply ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adviser
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

I Disabled glove mode ....the problem is gone Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

Better reset the mobile ,or repair your phone via pc companion

One time poster
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

thanks pchetan2....as i said after disabling the glove mode there is no problem untill now!!!...............overall i'm satisfied with the phone....and thanks for your quick reply..

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

how to disable clickin d screen without touching it

I think its called hover.... how to disable it
Emperor
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

Re: how to disable clickin d screen without touching it

Go to the settings and turn off glove mode 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)