account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

When are we getting the latest update?

Enthusiast
Message 2841 of 2,908
Message 2841 of 2,908

Re: When are we getting the latest update?

That's because the build has been pulled from circulation if you read things you would know that a new bug fix build was certified by the PTCRB if your that bothered the head to xda forum download an ftf and flash it manually with flashtool, I did exactly that and am from UK with unbranded generic xsp c5303 I'm using the Australian generic build without problems, though did adjust a few things an after flashing ran a fix with SUS was buggy for around an hour but after that and a cache, trash and data clean up and reboot all is fine. Build has a gorgeous UI and I find better ram management too as I've an average of 403mb free ram
Adviser
Message 2842 of 2,908
Message 2842 of 2,908

Oh, I knew about the new bug-fix update due... but it still doesn't excuse the fact the Sony had delayed the original update in the UK compared to everywhere else in the world.

It's great that they have delayed it here in order to prevent us from installing a broken update, but it wouldn't hurt Sony to inform us all, you know? Instead of making people wonder for months on end, a small update to their site regarding the bug-fix wouldn't go amiss.

So now to wait for another undisclosed amount of time for the bug-fixed update to be released here.

Hello, I'm from the United Kingdom of England Land.
Adviser
Message 2843 of 2,908
Message 2843 of 2,908

So we gave up?

Inhabitant
Message 2844 of 2,908
Message 2844 of 2,908

Still nothing no new firmware .... why Sony ????

Adviser
Message 2845 of 2,908
Message 2845 of 2,908

Correct me if i'm wrong 

Without the new firmware i can't use 4G meanwhile the rest of the world can?

Commissioner
Message 2846 of 2,908
Message 2846 of 2,908

@truce wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong 

That's about right.

Adviser
Message 2847 of 2,908
Message 2847 of 2,908

I'm not like Pharrell Williams 

Adviser
Message 2848 of 2,908
Message 2848 of 2,908

If i install the Aussie one like other people did, it is going to be a problem when the firmware will be released?

Message 2849 of 2,908
Message 2849 of 2,908

well still nothing yet, generic UK

Rookie
Message 2850 of 2,908
Message 2850 of 2,908

@blackbox wrote:

@truce wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong 

That's about right.

Hi. Puzzled newbie here. I got my SP from Amazon Warehouse just over a month ago. It's still running 4.1.2 (no sign of any updates in Ireland) but is happily accessing 4G.

It may be that a newish SIM card can avoid the need for an upgrade. This is perhaps confirmed by a Three representative (not specifically talking about SP's) - post #36.

Cheers,

DavidON.