account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

When are we getting the latest update?

Visitor
Message 1901 of 2,908
Message 1901 of 2,908

Re: When are we getting the latest update?

Yes it is safe you dont lose your warranty and you dont need to root the phone...but im not sure that this software can be used in other countries like Australia. I'm from slovakia so I didnt flash it yet because of this...

Inhabitant
Message 1902 of 2,908
Message 1902 of 2,908

Im in the UK and thats why i havent flashed it yet just incase it breaks the phone 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1903 of 2,908
Message 1903 of 2,908

Instalation of system from FTF file already wipes all data in your device ! So be carefull...

Visitor
Message 1904 of 2,908
Message 1904 of 2,908

I flashed a Russian ftf file a few months ago to get a newer FW version and my phone has been fine since. I did however flash back to a UK generic FW just to make sure there wasn't an issue getting this update. Only difference is mine was a c5302 when I got it and now it always shows as a c5303.... don't think this matters much?! Slightly smiling Face

I would flash the Australia version but it downloads as a 'torrent' file, what do I do with that? Just change the extension to ftf?

Inhabitant
Message 1905 of 2,908
Message 1905 of 2,908

if i install it and my network doesnt work or anything like that can i get it back to the old firmware?

Visitor
Message 1906 of 2,908
Message 1906 of 2,908

https://mega.co.nz/#!hg9HiLKQ!BgchHdim7RabzjxhKpCOPKASbcsV2HmEXl2J_gIfWbE

this is not torrent version... downloading takes 5+ min try to flash it and give us feedback Slightly smiling Face

Thanks...

Visitor
Message 1907 of 2,908
Message 1907 of 2,908

Yeah, just reflash a generic UK one or EE, O2 whatever. Like the guy above said though it does torch all your stuff so make sure you back up....! 

To get other firmwares there is that guy on XDA who has that update tool, you can use that to get original firmwares

Inhabitant
Message 1908 of 2,908
Message 1908 of 2,908

that dont sound to bad then, i take it if i flash this firmware the phone will still be unlocked?

Visitor
Message 1909 of 2,908
Message 1909 of 2,908

OK but when I flash mine SP with slovak telekom version of software to this australian can I still use my phone normal (3G internet, signal of my operator Slightly smiling Face ) ? with my mobile operator ? 

Visitor
Message 1910 of 2,908
Message 1910 of 2,908

Do you mean SIM unlocked, I don't think it will affect that but mine is SIM locked so I wouldn't know. If yoou didn't flash the Aussie FW would be interesting to see if you get your UK update before me as mine is SIM locked and yours isn't!