account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

When are we getting the latest update?

Adept
Message 1621 of 2,908
Message 1621 of 2,908

Re: When are we getting the latest update?

No more waiting....lets enjoy a bug free 4.3;-)
Inhabitant
Message 1622 of 2,908
Message 1622 of 2,908

Hi carbonoAtom,

When carriers find any bug, it doen't mean it wont appear in firmwares meant for unbranded phones. The reason being, the firmwares submitted to carriers by SONY will be the same firmware meant for unbranded phones (except the regional differences/ Radio differences). The difference is made by carriers in incorporating their own apps/bloatwares before releasing it to the their customers. hence any bug found by carrier during their testing needs to be removed from SONY base firmware as well. Hope I solved your doubt.

For more info, You can read the detailed process given in vodafone australias software update page.

Enthusiast
Message 1623 of 2,908
Message 1623 of 2,908

Anyone know if 02 have completed there testing yet? Don't get why unbranded XSP owners have to wait longer due to carriers doing there so called tests or loading it with bloatware...
Apprentice
Message 1624 of 2,908
Message 1624 of 2,908

When we will get update at Bangladesh?
Adept
Message 1625 of 2,908
Message 1625 of 2,908

Sporsho bro it depends on your firmware. Not location. Like i'm in bangladesh too but my firmware is Russian. So i'll get it when Russia gets it. Hopefully the update comes tomorrow or the day after
Adviser
Message 1626 of 2,908
Message 1626 of 2,908

SHKblaze thanks for your information but is there anyway to know that my firmware is for which country?
Enthusiast
Message 1627 of 2,908
Message 1627 of 2,908

HEY GUYS THIS IS A GREAT NEWS THAT FINALLY XPERIA SP 4.3 HAS PASSED ALL THE TEST SO WE ARE GETTING IT EITHER TOMORROW OR UNTIL THIS TUESDAY

NOW ALL THE COUNTRIES WITH THE CARRIER UNLOCKED HANDSET MEANS IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT THE PHONE WITHOUT ANY CONTRACT WITH YOUR 2G OR 3G PROVIDER THEN YOU WILL BE GETTING IT ALMOST WHEN THE GLOBAL SITE SAYS ANDROID 4.3 IS RELEASED ELSE EVERYONE WILL HAVE TO GO TO THEIR SERVICE PROVIDER SITE AND INDIA IS ONE OF THEM

METHOD OF UPDATE

1. UPDATE CENTER

2.PC COMPANION

I THINK THAT SONY EMPLOYEES HAVE READ THIS FORM AND READ ALL THE ANGER OF THE PEOPLE AND DECIDED TO RELEASE IT

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1628 of 2,908
Message 1628 of 2,908

Atleast, great blo0dy news!

Enthusiast
Message 1629 of 2,908
Message 1629 of 2,908

FINALLY WE ARE GETTING ANDROID 4.3 YO YO

Enthusiast
Message 1630 of 2,908
Message 1630 of 2,908