account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

When are we getting the latest update?

Visitor
Message 1551 of 2,908
Message 1551 of 2,908

Re: When are we getting the latest update?

SP Is the LAST SONY Phone I'm buying and since I'm the only one in my family that actually knows what a smartphone is, I'll urge everyone to throw away their XPERIA devices and buy a Samsung or LG Nexus. SONY used to be a good company but now it's turning into Crap. Thank u for screwing with us about the update. Actually we should  already be waiting for the 4.4 update but obviously LG IS A BETTER COMPANY. 
And what the **bleep** is up with the XPERIA Z Tablet? We thought that the I-PAD was overpriced but NOOO! Sony is worst! 

Have a great **bleep** day SONY. 

Enthusiast
Message 1552 of 2,908
Message 1552 of 2,908

PRETTY THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE DEAL WITH I WILL NEVER BUY ANY SONY PRODUCT AND NEVER RECOMMEND ITS PRODUCT TO ANY ONE 

XPERIA SP IS A VERY GOOD AND VERY CAPABLE PHONE THE ONLY FLAW OR CON IT HAS IS THAT IT IS A SONY PRODUCT 

IF IT IS A SAMSUNG PRODUCT THEN IT WILL BE UPDATED TILL NOW TO 4.3 AND WILL BE GETTING READY TO GET 4.4

Regular
Message 1553 of 2,908
Message 1553 of 2,908

Why must all come at the same time the update? 

Since telephone providers often have their own branding, the update for the free phones could be done, at least yet. This would have the advantage that the server access would distribute.

TJ
Commissioner
Message 1554 of 2,908
Message 1554 of 2,908

It is actually strange to see Sony not releasing update. There seems to be a really big issues otherwise I do not see any problem releasing an update followed by bug fixes. However, I am still hopeful that update is coming very very soon.

Inhabitant
Message 1555 of 2,908
Message 1555 of 2,908

BeatUtifull. As lying. Really working on 4.3? When sony? I think never give me f*k u sony i need a new mobile
Enthusiast
Message 1556 of 2,908
Message 1556 of 2,908

F'ing and blinding isn't going to achieve anything at all.. Why waste your time.

As stated they are working to fix, unlike many other companies that release updates as soon as possible and brick devices, so be patient.

IMHO I think there will be another certification today, sometimes software has its way of f'ing you over.

Iv found a lot of various apps from Play Store that help the somewhat annoying bugs on the SP, including:
Nova Launcher (speedier UI)
Google keyboard (not as much keyboard delay)

Give it a try
Commissioner
Message 1557 of 2,908
Message 1557 of 2,908

what the **bleep** is going on at Sony?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1558 of 2,908
Message 1558 of 2,908

Stop being so butthurt about the next update. Just wait, stop wasting your time by insulting.  I am waiting for it too, but that doesn't mean I have to check the forums each ducking minute just to see some other insults...

Grow up. All I see are 12 year olds complaining about something they can live without. I don't know, maybe just try to do something else.

Commissioner
Message 1559 of 2,908
Message 1559 of 2,908

Dear c0D3c, i don't want to be rude but i'm waiting update not because i just want the update just to tell my 12 year old friend that i get android 4.3. I want the update because of many bugs of my Xperia SP wi-fi, camera, ram management and so on and i pretend they will be fixed!I paid my Xperia SP with my really hard earned money and they had no bugs in it, 

For me Sony can release even another 4.1.2 android firmware but with no bugs!!!

Another thing i did not tell or write anything about future update and release date, SONY did!

So i am tired to see "ohhhh you are just a bunch of kids with nothing to do except complain about updates" comments,

the point (for me) is fixing bugs not update just to have it.

This is an official forum from Sony, i paid a Sony products with bugs, so i have the right to complain about bug in my product and/or delay in release date of firmware that will (hopefully) fix them !

No offend at all to anybody but this is my feeling.

Regular
Message 1560 of 2,908
Message 1560 of 2,908

What I said was, that I don't like to see everybody insult Sony because they can't wait.