account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

When are we getting the latest update?

Apprentice
Message 1401 of 2,908
Message 1401 of 2,908

Re: When are we getting the latest update?

No Sony - No problem!!!

Inhabitant
Message 1402 of 2,908
Message 1402 of 2,908

I don't know... I can't understand why it's so difficult to simply release the 4.3 to Xperia SP.
The hardware of Xperia SP is extremely powerful, I know, today we find better phones, but Xperia SP still being awesome.

Sorry for my expression, but what the f@k that we haven't this update released in time? And what the f@k that happens to nobody (from Sony) answer/comment in our  thread, here?

Completely disappointing.

Adept
Message 1403 of 2,908
Message 1403 of 2,908

The truth from an XperiaBlog reader

Guys don't you understand this marketing trick ?

Sony will not release any android 4.3 for it's older phones BEFORE it's new phones release date ( Xperia Z1 Compact and what ever is coming this month ),

as a matter of fact the 4.3 update for Xperia (SP, V, T, TX, L, etc) is already completed few weeks ago,
but the problem is with (THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT) which's the one who request all updates to stand still, until they release the new devices, by doing that ( They'r expecting many of the old phone users will sell their old ones and buy the new one ) .

as i said it before, SONY's the technology genies, and the only problem Sony has's that stupid marketing department which's caused many technology delays for Sony products .
Commissioner
Message 1404 of 2,908
Message 1404 of 2,908

i agree with Paradox.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1405 of 2,908
Message 1405 of 2,908

One of problems was badly functioning alarm clock, for example...

Inhabitant
Message 1406 of 2,908
Message 1406 of 2,908

Marketing may be true, but the paradoxical idea if I disappointed by Sony I buy a new Sony morning.
Enthusiast
Message 1407 of 2,908
Message 1407 of 2,908

Well, finally as we anticapted we got a new Certification happened for our SP.

HW VersionSW VersionRequest TypeDate Certified
A12.1.A.0.266ECOJan 29, 2014
A12.1.A.0.263ECOJan 16, 2014
A12.1.A.0.253ECO

Dec 23, 201

After the two failures, lets keep our fingers crossed to have this Certification comes true and sony really perform the update.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/01/29/new-android-4-3-firmware-certified-for-xperia-sp-with-build-12-...

Since all the top end model got the updates by now, it is our turn now..  If I aint wrong, roll overs will happen between Feb 3 - 5th, 2014.. 

Lets hope that this time, Sony wont give us a disappoinment.. like the past... 

Adept
Message 1408 of 2,908
Message 1408 of 2,908

XDA Developers user lee480 says:
"I can confirm all those stupid conspiracy theories are completely nonsense. The one who is spreading those lies should be shamed for life. Basically what happened to the firmware was that it failed some reliability test. It was originally scheduled to be released in the end of December - but, when Sony submitted the software to the providers, those providers failed to certify it - like Vodafone.
http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/...14/ba-p/309705

I suggest you kids (not all) wait patiently. You guys don't want a half baked firmware and later start moaning like mad mummies (Amumu)."

Hmm, I wonder what really went wrong with the testing... Hope this new certified version will pass that test. Fingers crossed everyone.
Message 1409 of 2,908
Message 1409 of 2,908

Adept
Message 1410 of 2,908
Message 1410 of 2,908

Yes but there is a new certification, therefore that is probably an older certification, not this one.