account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

When are we getting the latest update?

Learner
Message 1291 of 2,908
Message 1291 of 2,908

android 4.3 update on xperia sp in India.

I want to know when the update for jelly 4.3 for xperia sp will be available in India.
TJ
Commissioner
Message 1292 of 2,908
Message 1292 of 2,908

Re: android 4.3 update on xperia sp in India.

Even ISRO is trying to find out answer of this million dollar question. They have launched few satellites for this Slightly smiling Face

Check your system at the end of Jan and in first week of Feb 2014.

Highlighted
Message 1293 of 2,908
Message 1293 of 2,908

Re: When are we getting the latest update?

I can't help it but feel really bad for Sony. Samsung will release Android 4.4 KitKat for the Galaxy S3 and Note 2 by March, 2014. These 2 smartphones were Samsung's flagships for the the year 2012 and yet Samsung is still taking care that the people who bought them won't be left out even after 2 years. Sony on the other hand is struggling to upgrade a midrange phone released last April, 2013 to Android 4.3 along with its 2012 flagship phones (Sony Xperia T/TX/V). They've made an announcement that they will update the Xperia SP to Android 4.4 by December, 2014 but at the rate things are going on in Sony, I wouldn't be surprised if the update comes on 2015 by the time Adroid 4.6 is already hovering in most smartphones. The sad thing is there is very little chance that Sony's 2012 flagships will ever see Android 4.4. If Samsung is still exerting effort to give something to its customers from 2 years ago, why can't Sony do the same thing? Better yet, why can't they take care of a smartphone that they've only released 9 months ago. The Xperia SP may be classified as a midrange phone but it still costs a fortune and the least they could have done is to make their previous software updates glitch-free. The more they update their software, the more the bugs become annoying. The Xperia SP is such a great phone but Sony let it down very badly with such crappy software and delayed updates that made the phone very annoying to use. I wouldn't even be surprised if the next update will bring more terrible shortcomings to an otherwise great hardware. This is certainly going to be the last phone I'm buying from Sony. 

Commissioner
Message 1294 of 2,908
Message 1294 of 2,908

Adviser
Message 1295 of 2,908
Message 1295 of 2,908

sony's big mistake is not any information about custumers offical worker say though that we are sorry about this firmware being this problem canceled and waiting for a little we test the best one. This is all reason that sony is too silent about that. Everybody feel that z1 or z custumers 1st class person and mid range sony custumers have 2st class people. So xperia blog or xperia care have only news about sony. If do this about firmware way to z1 custemers sony is being dept because this people potacial to buy new expensive products but Im from turkey and sp in turkey too expensive because of tax too much. I think wrong is that. Sony think all custumers not only buy z1 or z have. Think all have. Soon is not bad word I think. See that what sony can do for 4.3 for sp

Enthusiast
Message 1296 of 2,908
Message 1296 of 2,908

I don't know if this matters, but in Belgium Sony ofers a 50 euro cashback when you buy a Xperia SP brand new. Just as they did here with the T, when it was going to be end of life. IS the end nearby for the SP?

I guess we will never get 4.3

Enthusiast
Message 1297 of 2,908
Message 1297 of 2,908

I'm really surprised at how we xsp users are being left behind with software updates especially as the phone is relatively new, even more disappointing is the lack of communication on this matter by Sony to its customers (we don't all have the Zoo series ) some kind of real answer would be nice considering i personally only purchased the handset in October of last year, we have been told kit Kat is confirmed for the handset also but if this is the way things work I won't hold my breath
Inhabitant
Message 1298 of 2,908
Message 1298 of 2,908

Pure performance from Sony, first all calm down and then make the same game again.
Adviser
Message 1299 of 2,908
Message 1299 of 2,908

Will there be an option for moving apps to sd card with this new update?

Enthusiast
Message 1300 of 2,908
Message 1300 of 2,908

Nobody knows... But, as previously leaked version doesn't have this feature... Worried Face