account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

When are we getting the latest update?

Emperor
Message 384 of 2,908
Message 384 of 2,908

When are we getting the latest update?

Just like any update there isn't an specific release date for each country/network

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-sp/

Latest available software

You may already have the latest software, depending on the date of purchase. Software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.

If you can not wait for the update then you can manually update your phone to the latest firmware

How to manually update, downgrade, root 2013 Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/124152

If you encounter any bugs after the latest update, it is recommended to re-install the latest update 

Update Service (SUS)

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

2,907 REPLIES 2,907
Message 1 of 2,908
Message 1 of 2,908

Android Jelly Bean 4.3 for Xperia SP Confirmed

This article on blogs.sonymobile.com confirms Android 4.3 JellyBean for Xperia SP and several other models. yay!

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/07/25/on-android-jelly-bean-4-3/

Hi everyone, a quick note on our software roadmap…

So, Sony’s Jelly Bean 4.2 upgrade for Xperia Z and Xperia ZL is well underway* – next up, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z will start receiving 4.2 from early August.

Yesterday you probably saw Google announce the next version of Jelly Bean (Android 4.3) – we’re already getting stuck in and can confirm we’ll make 4.3 available for: Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia SP and Xperia Z Ultra…

We’re also looking at uplifting some of our other devices running 4.1 direct to 4.3 – we’ll share more info / deets / timings when we can, so be sure to follow @SonyMobileNews for all the latest.

If you fancy learning a little bit more about the technical side of our software development, check out Developer World’s latest piece on how we’re improving and refining our efforts to bring users new Android versions.

On that note, thank you for all the feedback on our Jelly Bean 4.1 rollout for Xperia 2012 products – we’re aware the process hasn’t been as succinct or as timely as you might’ve expected. As part of Developer World’s piece, Fredrik Ekstrand, our Head of Software Product Management, elaborates on some of the reasons for this, but essentially – we’ve heard your frustrations and are constantly improving the way we do things.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop them below.

Ant.

*Software rollouts are a phased process – timings & availability may vary by market / carrier

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 2,908
Message 2 of 2,908

Re: Android Jelly Bean 4.3 for Xperia SP Confirmed

great news, but there are other threads on the same topic, please use the search bar and post there.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 2,908
Message 3 of 2,908

I searched, didn't find any Thread for Android 4.3 in Xperia SP forum,

Thank you.

Visitor
Message 4 of 2,908
Message 4 of 2,908

Question is how long will we have to wait to get it?

TJ
Commissioner
Message 5 of 2,908
Message 5 of 2,908

4.3 Android Jelly Bean

Hello,

I have read and I am aware that you (Sony) cannot tell when a new version of Android will be available and that is due to a process which is been told everytime someone asks this question "When the new version will be available for my Xperia".

Sadly (sadly because I own Xperia) this is not the case with Samsung devices. Even a worst performer (in my opinion)Galaxy Grand has received 4.2.2 yesterday.

Samsung has even revealed that Galaxy S3 will get Android 4.3 next month.

But unfortunately Xperia users are still in darkness.

Why Sony cannot do what Samsung can? Their Galaxy Grand which is chepest phone is getting updates whereas Xperia SP who was started selling at 25000+ and now available in 20000 and less in just after a month is not getting even firmware update worldwide.

Phew, I am sure like me most of the Xperia users are interested in knowing that why, when and how Android update will be available for their devices instead of showing them a page stating nothing but a process which is concerned to developers and not users.

Make a thread or whatever on Android Update News which can be updated by Forum Heads. Even if they will say that we have got this much tiny news will give some confidence to the users.

I hope you guys are getting what I want to say.

Emperor
Message 6 of 2,908
Message 6 of 2,908

Re: 4.3 Android Jelly Bean

There are other thrads on the same topic, use the search bar, find the threads on post there. 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 2,908
Message 7 of 2,908

Will Xperia SP get android 4.2.2?

When can we expect the Latest version of Android for SP. It is almost an year now since the latest version got released.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 2,908
Message 8 of 2,908

Re: Will Xperia SP get android 4.2.2?

When will be Android 4.2.2 for Xperia SP ? Never :smileysmileywink:

Sony promises straight update form 4.1.2 to 4.3.x :smileysmileywink: On the "end of this year"...

Emperor
Message 9 of 2,908
Message 9 of 2,908

Re: Will Xperia SP get android 4.2.2?

You can read about it here

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/07/25/on-android-jelly-bean-4-3/