account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Transfer of App from Phone Memory to SD Car

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 151 of 204
Message 151 of 204

Re: "Preferred install location"

It's "feature" of Android 4.1 and later, not fault of Sony. In default, Android 4.1.x does not allows transfer apps on SD card....

Rookie
Message 152 of 204
Message 152 of 204

alright, but why xperia L, xperia Z and others with 4.2.2 don't have this feature  ?

Message 153 of 204
Message 153 of 204

Because Android developers removed it,with the internal storage growing,they do not need to worry about space for apps.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 154 of 204
Message 154 of 204

gohanks10:

Because Android 4.1 and later, newer, doesn't alows this...

Enthusiast
Message 155 of 204
Message 155 of 204

Re: Transfer of App from Phone Memory to SD Car

Is android 4.3 allow to transfer apps to SD?

Enthusiast
Message 156 of 204
Message 156 of 204

Why is it Samsung/HTC can figure a way to do this but Sony cant.  I'm getting an HTC or Samsung next time.  Sony are a massive let down

Apprentice
Message 157 of 204
Message 157 of 204

I am so sad about this issue of moving apps to sd card. I was happy with this sp untill I realize this issue. Any solution???!!! Any update??!!!! When???!!!! My device memory is almost full and even I cant install any more games......

TJ
Commissioner
Message 158 of 204
Message 158 of 204

Even 4.2 on Galaxy Grand has the option to run application from SD card! So not Android but it depends on manufacture now.

Rookie
Message 159 of 204
Message 159 of 204

only the apk files is move to external SD card, the data file stills on internal memory

Talent
Message 160 of 204
Message 160 of 204

I was using the "Samsung I9070" before I purchased Xperia SP, and I'd like to tell you that the Samsung has the feature of moving the apps to SD but let me make one thing clear that the option of moving the "Apps to SD" does not actually move the apps to the external "micro sd" but in actual there are two partitions of the memory in case of Samsung  I9070 and I hope that would be the case in their other models too in which they have fixed the 2GB space for the installation of the apps and rest 11GB was available to me as the storage as I9070 has 16GB inbuilt storage and when we install any app it get stored in the space reserved for the installations of the apps ie. 2GB only so in order to make more room we can move the "app.to sd" which in turn move the app to the other partition of the internal memory i.e 11GB but the app still remain in the phone memory. While in case of Sony there is single partition and whole is available for the storage of apps..!! So stop making complaints about moving "apps to sd" and be happy with what you got..!!Slightly smiling Face