account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Transfer of App from Phone Memory to SD Car

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 91 of 204
Message 91 of 204

Re: Transfer of App from Phone Memory to SD Car

I have de same problem with my external 32g microSD card and is impossible to move apps, except photos, music and videos.

I expect a solution for the problem.

Please contact me at sir_nevers@yahoo.com if the problem is solved.

Adviser
Message 92 of 204
Message 92 of 204

moving games/apps to sd card

Hi.I've been trying to move my apps snd games to sd card but cant see any options.my friends also own similar phones amd can mobe their games.Is this feature available with sony xperia sp?If yes kindly reply and tell the process.Awaiting response.....
Emperor
Message 93 of 204
Message 93 of 204

Re: moving games/apps to sd card

It's not available 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 94 of 204
Message 94 of 204

Why do they always such minuscule but a must have feature b in phones like Xperia.

Its high time Sony Introduced this feature in Xperia SP.
So please relate out on the next update...
Visitor
Message 95 of 204
Message 95 of 204

I meant "so please release this in the next update"
Enthusiast
Message 96 of 204
Message 96 of 204

It's "feature" of Android 4.1 and newer, not fault of Sony. In default, Android 4.1.x does not allows transfer apps on SD card...

This need some modification of original Android to enable this function. So, if Sony wanted this on Xperia SP...  We can hope... And wait for next update...

Enthusiast
Message 97 of 204
Message 97 of 204

When will we get the next update? Any confirm news?
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 98 of 204
Message 98 of 204

Sony Xperia News @SonyMobileNews 

re. #Android @kitkat, we’re excited – next week our news on: 4.3, 4.4; products & more...#SonyXperia

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 99 of 204
Message 99 of 204

Re: Transfer of App from Phone Memory to SD Car

I have read this post with mixed emotions. This is after all, a support site - no support has been offered thus far.

The issue is there is too little internal memory in the xperia sp and this is creating a huge sense of dissipointment from users.

I don't have a great deal on my phone, choosing a tablet to do a lot of my real use. Despite this, and after only a short time into a contract, the unit is unable to support a number of standard mobility apps - google maps, Facebook et Al are no longer updating.

The thread can be summarised by the following.

1 sony`s response is it cannot be fixed.

2 the technical facts are that it can be fixed. Putting another operating system version will allow this issue to come to a quick conclusion. Ergo - Sony choose not to upgrade or solve. 

The conclusion is creating segmented marketing is interfering with the legendary Sony design ethos on the mobile Platform. Whether this becomes their Achilles heal remains to be seen.

Apprentice
Message 100 of 204
Message 100 of 204

Move apps to external memory card

Will Sony provide the option to move apps to sd card like what we had in ics. Any news about including this feature on upcoming updates?