account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Transfer of App from Phone Memory to SD Car

SOLVED
Learner
Message 71 of 204
Message 71 of 204

Re: Can't transfer apps to SD

Thank you for your advice.
Emperor
Message 72 of 204
Message 72 of 204

There's an alternative but you will have to root your phone 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 73 of 204
Message 73 of 204

Can't transfer apps to SD

why am i not able to transfer internal memory apps to the sd card and can't even use sd card as default for downloading apps from the playstore Thinking Face

Enthusiast
Message 74 of 204
Message 74 of 204

Because Android 4.1.x "not want it"... Read other similar threads on this forum and you will know why this is currently impossible...

Emperor
Message 75 of 204
Message 75 of 204

You can not transfer apps to sd card, you will have to root your phone and install an app such as apps2sd or link2sd as well as partition your SD card

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 76 of 204
Message 76 of 204

I'm using Sygic as navigation software and after the last update I looked for a way to copy the maps to the sd-card. On the Sygic site I found two different solutions. One was move the maps directory to the sd-card and change the entries in the settings.ini and the second way was to move the whole directory sygic (this means the complete app) to the sd-card. I tried the first solution but there was a problem to find the correct logical name for the sd-card for the relative path so I tried to move (not copy) the whole directory.

The navigation works on the sd-card without any problems. Are there other guys who have the same experience with other apps?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 77 of 204
Message 77 of 204

Move apps to SD-card?

hello everybody .. I have a problem with my xperia sp, because I want to move some aplications to sd card but the cellphone doesn´t have the option celphone doesn´t let me so I need you to help me ... thanks

Topic edited by Rickard

Forum Legend
Message 78 of 204
Message 78 of 204

Re: Sony Xperia SP

Hi, not all apps can be move to the SD card. You can't move those without the option.

Don't forget to mark correct answer as Accepted Solution.
If you find the post helpful, press Kudos.

Enthusiast
Message 79 of 204
Message 79 of 204

Re: Move apps to SD-card?

It's "feature" of Android 4.1 and newer, not fault of Sony. In default, Android 4.1.x does not allows transfer apps on SD card....

Forum Legend
Message 80 of 204
Message 80 of 204

Re: Move apps to SD-card?

Jarda is correct, that option was removed from the newer Android version OS.

Don't forget to mark correct answer as Accepted Solution.
If you find the post helpful, press Kudos.