Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.
Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.
2013-06-14 12:19 AM
Here is the pre-rooted version, so I guess you could ask there.
2013-06-14 08:20 AM
After update phone is working well. but wifi poor signal strength.before with ICS wifi working nice. when this phone lunched with gingerbread that time also signal problem was there. but after that they solve it. this screen shot i capture in room where router is fixed. and you can see the strength of signal.
2013-06-14 09:43 AM
My XS is currently on ICS .55 firmware, I am getting update notification only for 6.2.B.0.200. DO I have to update to .200 first and then only I'll get .211 update ? I am from Mumbai
2013-06-14 12:07 PM
i believe it depend on the gadget itself. stated at indonesian sony web, it showed 6.2.A.0.200 at
but i got 6.2.B.0.211 using Sony Update Service my SI is 1257-5179.
overall quite smooth but only the camera when capturing a bit purplish and the walkman sound enhancement is just like catching flu, to many new feature make it not even across GB nor ICS.
mobile data a bit lagging when extended standby mode activate.
wifi when barely meet the requirement it stop and showed temporary avoiding poor connection.
this is my second days on the jelly bean, think will see what else bugging it.
2013-06-14 12:37 PM
I am from India and i updated my Xperia S to 6.2.B.0.200 this morning.
I found the following pros and cons after using it since then:
1. New, great looking and smoother UI across all applications like walkman, album, movies, camera, etc.
2. Still Images captured from Camera are of better quality compared to the camera in ICS.
3. Great Customizations and more options in Camera app, all of them work perfectly.
4. No problem whatsoever in 2G and 3G data connectivity. Speeds are awesome.
5. Faster charging as compared to ICS.
6. Walkman application just rocks, with new sound enhancements and effects. Loudspeaker has no problem as stated by other people here. Sound quality is great in earphones as well
7. Google Now is working fine.
8. Home screen panes can be increased to 7, and can be decreased to 1 as well.
1. Purplish images when captured with flash under lowlight. But this can be avoided when White Balance is set to Daylight while capturing pics in lowlight with flash (only a workaround, still Sony needs to fix this).
2. Full HD (1080p) video recording is laggy as stated by many users here.
As for the battery performance and extended stand-by mode, currently I feel battery consumption is the same for the usage fropm today morning. It may take a couple of days to figure out the exact battery performance. I haven't yet tried the Extended Standby mode, which I shall soon and reply with the result of it.
Overall, an awesome update by Sony. I enjoy using my phone more now.
Hope the bugs will be fixed in the .211 update.
2013-06-14 12:45 PM
I had the update notification on 11th for 6.2.B.0.200. It had something written that it was to be updated twice, but after updating I never got the notification for .211
The battery life is horible even after three days of use. And the video recording lags. Photos usinf flash are purplr in colour. Also, the the lock sound also lags after you hit the power button. But otherwise, the phone UI has become very smooth.
Please do explain the following image:
So when can we in India expect the update.
My SI: 1257-3318
2013-06-14 01:45 PM
I flashed my xperia sl to jelly-bean .200 and not rooted it!!
am i gonna receive the new update .211 on the pc companion or am i have to flash it again!?
knowing that i'm in the middle east! and yet didn't receive anything!
2013-06-14 02:26 PM
Can anyone please state approximate download size of 6.2.A.0.200
Walking in Water with Xperia. Happy to have KUDOS:smileysmileythumbsup: if I was helpful.
2013-06-14 02:36 PM
for 6.2.B.0.200 its 490.5 MB exact it dont think the A is available anywhere