account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

The complete Jelly bean discussion. ( Xperia S/ SL )

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1291 of 1,536
Message 1291 of 1,536

Re: The complete Jelly bean discussion. ( Xperia S/ SL )

Dear Sony Mobile,

Even after update of Jelly Bean in Xperia SL, the follwoing issues persists.

1.Battery heating issue continues. Usage of Internet and playing games increases the temprature of phone. Its abnormal in comparison to any other smartphone.

2. There is some issue with 2G in Jelly bean, not able to use 2g network at all.

3. 2x faster battery drain issue. Now the batter don even last for 3 hours irrespective of usage. Earlier on ICS drainage was only on usage of phone.

4. There is no stamina mode in the update. The so called battery extended mode itself is a power consuming bug.

if you people really care for your customers. Please take things into consideration. Angry Face Angry Face

Talent
Message 1292 of 1,536
Message 1292 of 1,536

No, it is not just for indians, people report 2g problem from all the world

One time poster
Message 1293 of 1,536
Message 1293 of 1,536

hi sony,

every day I think less in you, and ye have disappointed me many times, I am a big fan of sony products since long time but in the products xperia am not happy, what about stamina mode for my xperia s?.

It is a high-end phone in 2012 and now you add in extended standby mode, when you had the xperia p, yu go with ics, really do not understand that political usais but getting worse when you go do not change this, having your users happy for a future return to buy sony products.

sorry for my English I used google translator.

greetings.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1294 of 1,536
Message 1294 of 1,536

Just got reply from Sony India official today. This is the info given to me:-

"In response to your query we would like to inform you that jellybean is not officially launched in India.so that we would request you to kindly wait for some time. We would also like to inform you that when it will be available for your handset same will be update in our Sony website."

So, Sony lied to its customers!...

Sony's new slogan should be " false. believe"

Walking in Water with Xperia. Happy to have KUDOS:smileysmileythumbsup: if I was helpful.

Talent
Message 1295 of 1,536
Message 1295 of 1,536

I'm using JB .200 version since the first day update. In the beginning the battery was draining like crazy. I had to recharge it in one day use. Now, there is no update to .211, but the battery is cool! Not like ICS, but I can use my phone for two days (charging late night till the morning, also try to power off the phone while charging the battery)

It's smooth, the WiFi, GPS are working really fine! The WiFi is better than in ICS (ICS was turning on/off all the time). I tried with the N only settings on the router and it's working pefect!

Here is a speedtest (it's better than my PC)

Screenshot_2013-06-12-16-33-30.png

Only the video recording is laggy and the night mode of the camera (AutoSCN) is a bit laggy. Everything else is perfect!

I'm from Macedonia.

Adviser
Message 1296 of 1,536
Message 1296 of 1,536

Screenshot_2013-06-11-19-27-34.png

This is my battery chart SL model. I'm using 13 hours without charge. I'm using JB .200 and wifi work normally. 3G and 2G connection work great. I've called 4 times with 5 to 10 minutes conversation long. Play Candy Crush better than ICS, more performance graphics. The only thing is the video performance in recording mode.

Talent
Message 1297 of 1,536
Message 1297 of 1,536

I am trying to decide whether to install the upgrade to JB from ICS. But most of the people posting here seem to be using their phones for quite different things to me. Can anyone please tell me whether there is ANY advantage / improvement in the really basic apps / functions, i.e:

- Making / receiving calls;

- Text messages;

- Downloading & playing music;

- The camera

- The way the photo album is arranged (I hate not being able to put photos in albums, but at least if it's in date order, split up per month I can find things).

- BATTERY life; there seem to be major conflicting views on here. I do not make a lot of calls or use  a lot of app's, but I do need to keep my phone on all the time as it's my alarm clock.

If none of the above are improved then I don't see any point in upgrading the software.

Thanks

One time poster
Message 1298 of 1,536
Message 1298 of 1,536

I got my update .200 for unlocked UK fone via PCC,and everything seems to be working fine.

My observations are as follows;

• battery drained very fast after the upgrade but a day later, i think it stays longer than it used to be with ICS(someone has explained this earier in the thread)
  • full HD video lags as mentioned by somany people, 720p video seems ok, still camera is fine by me
  • recharge rate of the battery is faster than it used to be with ICS
  • the basic fone functions of making/receiving calls, text messaging, music download and playing are working very well without problems
  • no issues with wifi, its even better with my experience

So I comclude that its a good update after all.

Talent
Message 1299 of 1,536
Message 1299 of 1,536

hi;

just now i update my XS   from ICS to JB .211 every thing is fine working but the camera and video recording is lagging than ever camera capture makes image purplish i have attached some images captured at night time even white papre look like purple papaer Angry Face i bought this XS coz of its camera but not after this update this makes me rubbish i hope that every one accept this threat Winking FaceDSC_1027.jpg

Adept
Message 1300 of 1,536
Message 1300 of 1,536

AliWonder wrote:

I am trying to decide whether to install the upgrade to JB from ICS. But most of the people posting here seem to be using their phones for quite different things to me. Can anyone please tell me whether there is ANY advantage / improvement in the really basic apps / functions, i.e:

- Making / receiving calls;

- Text messages;

- Downloading & playing music;

- The camera

- The way the photo album is arranged (I hate not being able to put photos in albums, but at least if it's in date order, split up per month I can find things).

- BATTERY life; there seem to be major conflicting views on here. I do not make a lot of calls or use  a lot of app's, but I do need to keep my phone on all the time as it's my alarm clock.

If none of the above are improved then I don't see any point in upgrading the software.

Thanks

If you're an avid camera user and if you record HD videos frequently then I'd suggest that you stay on ICS, but if you don't use it like that then you should go for JB but keep in mind that you'll have to let the OS settle in on your phone. It'll take around 2-3 days. Once the OS settles down, the battery would last longer. Moreover, for the first 2-3 times, I'll suggest that you charge your phone turned off, after the update. Where JB has 3-4 bugs, It has got a lot of improvements as well. Best of luck Slightly smiling Face