account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Speaker problems - Xperia SP

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Speaker problems - Xperia SP

Hello everyone,

I'm with speaker problems on my 1 week old Xperia SP. All of its speaker functions are not working, such as ringtones, music/video, alarms, speaker calls, and even the tests in the Service Tests menu.  

It started suddenly, when I was on 12.0.A.1.257, and I've already tried everything to solve it, as I've been reading all 30 pages of this forum, plus other 34 of XDA forums. Tried to plug/unplug the headphones, reset its configuration using PC Companion and also Sony Update Service, and even manually upgraded the firmware to my actual and latest version, 12.0.A.2.254. Also tried to boot it in safe mode, with no luck.

Tried to call the customer service, and it was a waste of time, as they told me to get to the nearest repair station, which will be hard to do so, as I have no free time in the business hours.

I would be immensely grateful if anyone help me on this issue.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Speaker problems - Xperia SP

It seems to be a hardware issue, you have to take it or send it to a Sony repair center

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

It seems to be a hardware issue, you have to take it or send it to a Sony repair center

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

Learner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

So, I sent it to the repair center, and it really was a hardware problem.

Thanks all!

Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

I hope you get your phone back soon 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I had the same issue. I had updated my phone for the first time, yet also that same day had used the headphone jack for the first time. It was out for about two weeks while I was looking for suggestions, fixes and known issue. All of a sudden as I opened one of my bingo games the sound started back up, a little static for first second and has worked fine ever since. Makes me wonder if something inside the jack area was in stuck mode?

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

It happens usually with the SP, Still waiting for a final solution I just plug unplug (2 or 3 times) the headphones till the sound comes back.
One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

you have saved me a lot of time, all i did was plug headphones in and out 3 times and sound came right back 

Thanks man 

Visitor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Thanks!!!!!! I had the same problem, but with your suggestion the sound came baaaaack!!!!

I've never updated the software again..!!! this happens always I update the phone..

Thanks

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Thanks for the info, I had the same problem and the sound came back when I poked around inside the headphone jack.
Learner
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

i have also faced it.... it's just the dust or carbon issue in 3.5 mm audio jack because of this phone seems like that handsfree is attached. you just rub the inside of jack with little size of any screw driver or any others thing with a small hole than jack. i was also just rub the inside my xperia sp jack then it was working fine.. its not a big issue... try this out it will be work for you...

thanks ...

Jahanzaib

Xperia Lover