account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Xperia SP turns on automaticcaly

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Sony Xperia SP turns on automaticcaly

Hi,

The battery of my SP was totally empty and the phone was shut down, so I charged it. But while charging, when its got enough power, it turns on automatically, only to shut down again at the moment its on. What to do??

Please help!

Thijs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: Sony Xperia SP turns on automaticcaly

Hi @thijz2

I would try if have the chance, with another battery as suggested above. If this doesn´t help, contact your Local Sony support for information about how to proceed with this in the best possible way:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
11 REPLIES 11
Genius
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Hi @thijz2

Are you using original charger with your device? Keep us updated please.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Visitor
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Yes I do

Visitor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

When I take it out of the recharger, the red light is blinking two times rapidly after each other

Visitor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

I'm thinking the on/off button is stuck maybe...

Genius
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Hi @thijz2

Ok, please try first run a backup of the device information as explained here. Then perform a system repair using PC Companion or Bridge for MAC. This will factory reset your phone and erase all data. You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off until you are prompted (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device). Start PC Companion -> Support zone -> Update my phone/tablet -> Blue Repair my phone/tablet -> follow instructions. When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button. The repair or reformat process will start. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64 bit operating system adjust settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode -> chose Windows 7 or XP. Please, keep us updated.

Visitor
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

The problem is that it is not charging, because at any moment that is has enough battery, it will turn on automatically, and then turns off again due to a low battery...

Genius
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Hi @thijz2

Yes, I understand. I´would try the suggestion posted above in this case. If that doesn´t help would try, if have the chance, with another battery.

Visitor
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

So how can I charge it up to 80% if it can;t even get passed 1%?

Highlighted
Genius
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Hi @thijz2

If you press the 3 buttons Power, Volume down and Volume up for about 8 seconds and then release them, does the Sony logo appears?