account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Xperia SP destroyed after 4.3 update - a desperate user final thoughts.

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 31 of 54
Message 31 of 54

Re: Sony Xperia SP destroyed after 4.3 update - a desperate user final thoughts.

i'm trying to find the .ftf file in Xda and i cannot find it . I found CENTRAL EUROPE ftf here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2315506 but i'm from Greece ... is this the correct .ftf ? I'm trying to post in XDA and ask for Greece unbranded ftf but they dont let me because i'm new and i have less than 10 posts... for crying out LouD! help me!

Adviser
Message 32 of 54
Message 32 of 54

Re: Sony Xperia SP destroyed after 4.3 update - a desperate user final thoughts.

Any help ???? Should i flash the CENTRAL EUROPE version of .ftf?

Talent
Message 33 of 54
Message 33 of 54

Hi,

a Greek unbranded ftf is available here

http://tinyurl.com/oj3ynsq

at the bottom of the page.

I initially downgrades to 4.1 but couldn't live with the poor wi-fi so used the Generic Swiss ftf for 1.201 even though I'm in the UK. it "turned the 'phone around" so much so that I've bought another X-SP for my wife (they are really cheap here because of the bad name the upgrade gave them). Fantastic value if you can install the bug-fix.

Dave

Edit... should add that the ftf is for c5303, don't know if it would work on c5302

Highlighted
Talent
Message 34 of 54
Message 34 of 54

Im from greece to file m... i use central europe ftf Slightly smiling Face you can flash it Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 35 of 54
Message 35 of 54

Thank you for your answers . Did you unlocked bootloader to downgrade or it doesnt need? I will flash tomorrow .

Commissioner
Message 36 of 54
Message 36 of 54

You don't need to unlock the bootloader or root to flash a Sony ROM.

Instructions here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2658952

Learner
Message 37 of 54
Message 37 of 54

Surely Sony can offer a better solution than downgrading the software. Should they not be making sure it works? My phone is about to be bounced off a wall........it's so laggy and unresponsive.

Hopefully Sony can offer a proper solution.

Commissioner
Message 38 of 54
Message 38 of 54

I'm surprised at the range of experience people have had with these two updates. After the first boot, then letting Play get through all the app updates and another reboot it's worked pretty much the same on all 3 firmware versions. You get the occassional lag and the odd app crash when it runs out of RAM, but it's a midrange device that doesn't have a ton of RAM or blazingly fast processor.

Despite the Antutu scores, I still think 4.1.2. is marginally the best performing version so far. I would have no problem sticking with it for a while.

With hindsight, I think what Sony should have done was fix the serious stuff affecting lots of users (wi-fi, no 4G) and issue a quick fix for 4.1.2., then went away and concentrated on KitKat as a final update. As it is we're edging closer to the end of support date with 2 firmware updates that have not gone down well and KitKat looking less and less likely. None of this makes me want to make my next phone another Sony.

Learner
Message 39 of 54
Message 39 of 54

I have to say, for a bug fix, this update is worse than leaving the thing alone in the first place. 

Battery usage is embarrassing, it's messed up my smart watch as well.

Lag is so bad that I can barely respond to calls before the caller hangs up.

It keeps vibrating randomly at me for no apparent reason

Screen locks up black for ages - probably just more lag

Amazon apps have become embedded somehow, and keep doing thing with out asking.

Full reset locks the phone up with the Sony logo hanging for hours

Can't restart the thing, can't hard reset it. What the heck have they done to the software on my phone?

Adviser
Message 40 of 54
Message 40 of 54

FINALLY after weeks of dissapointment and sadness i finally flashed to 4.1.2 and now i have my phone back 100% Wifi is good by the way same as 4.3 version. And for 4g .... pfff i dont really care. Seriously i'm very happy for my phones ressurection.

By the way i tried to make ftf from my SUS files but the advanced tab is grey out i dont know why ...

Guys you should really flash to 4.1.2 !!!