account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Update Center "Mobile Data" Error

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Sony Update Center "Mobile Data" Error

OK, so after updating FINALLY to Android 4.3 on my unbranded Xperia SP (in the UK) it seems as though the Update Center is not fucntioning as it used to.

When I tap Refresh button, a message pops up and then goes away literally in a second, saying...

"Mobile data disabled. Could not search for updates. Enable mobile data now?" with a Cancel and OK selection.

But it disappears as fast as it appears, and I cannot select any option. I have enabled mobile data, but it STILL pops up with the error message.

Oddly, it SEEMS like is still checks for updates, as I received two updates earlier today (but I forgot what they were for). I've aldo got Update over Wi-Fi Only selected, so it shouldn't even WANT mobile data enabled.

Anyone else having this issue? Is it easy to fix? Should I be concerned? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hello, I'm from the United Kingdom of England Land.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adept
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sony Update Center "Mobile Data" Error

If you have connected over wifi, keeping your mobile data off, then that msg will show..
Just ignore that msg..
2 REPLIES 2
Adept
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

If you have connected over wifi, keeping your mobile data off, then that msg will show..
Just ignore that msg..
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Oops... almost forgot about my post, ha.

Thanks for the Ayanjeet. I'll just ignore the error message. I recently got an update for Album, so I guess it still works despite the error/mobile data disabled.

Thanks!

Hello, I'm from the United Kingdom of England Land.