account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Should i buy Sony Xperia SP or not?

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Should i buy Sony Xperia SP or not?

Did you try to turn on glove mode and try if sensitivity of the screen changes?

About problems with restarting, there is a way to turn off the phone when it freezes.
See this post Xperia SP frozen

Wi-Fi problem is not so easy to solve, for better solution we'll have to wait for people at Sony to solve it.

But one thing I did try, and that was to change my Wi-Fi settings. Was searching for better signal reception, and found that i got better reception when changing default Wi-Fi channel on my router and setting network mode from mixed 802.11b/g to just 802.11g.
For some reason, no one of my neighbours didn't change their "most popular" default values of their Wi-Fi channels so most of traffic in my building is on the same network frequency on channels 6 and 11. So I've changed my Wi-Fi to channel 1 (which is in +/-5 channel range, meaning less interference), and gain some "free air". For now is holding quite well, much less problems with network disconnection.
Maybe you can find some "free air" in your Wi-Fi space.

If you wan't to try; I was using android app Wifi Analyzer on my XSP and inSSIDer app on my laptop.

Visitor
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

Would strongly recommend to not to buy this phone. I am using this phone for past 8 months and have little to tell you abou it. It fares pretty average in battery life and has a buggy code.  Now my speaker is not working.

Highlighted
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Don't buy this phone. The bugs can render some of the basic functionalities annoyingly useless. Wifi and walkman glitch in particular. Worse, the software updates are constantly adding new bugs. Sony really took for granted a great hardware.

Rookie
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

Regarding the restart - if you lift the back cover off, there is a tiny hold in the back with the word "OFF" written by it - if you put a pen in there, it restarts it.  There is also an option in the settings somewhere that restricts the phone from connecting to a WiFi network if the signal is weak.  It might be that box is selected.

Adviser
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

I would not recommend this phone purely because the Bluetooth handsfree volume during call is so very low and it is unusable. Many people have had the same problem and we do not seem to be getting any help from Sony.

There are lots of other issues reported on this forum but I not had any of those myself.

If you want a phone with usable Bluetooth handsfree and support from the manufacturer then this is not the phone to get. It is a real shame as I think it is a nice looking phone.

Adviser
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

i don't know if you have buy the phone but my opinion is definitely no. wifi, camera and screen bugs, i dont know whick other bug can the sp have.
If i help you / find interesting my post, press kudos!