account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

SD-card problems regarding Xperia SP

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

SD-card problems regarding Xperia SP

I've bought a Xperia SP phone. When I bought it I got a 32 GB micro SD-card with it. My problem is that I can't reach the SD-card via my cellphone. Isn't the entire point of having a SD-card that the intarnal memory is too small to begin with? I have no problems removing files (photographs, music, documents, downloaded files) from the internal memory to the SD-card, the problem is reaching them through the phone (or moving them back). Could someone please help me?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Re: SD-card problems regarding Xperia SP

Yes,the internal memory as well.You can use androzip,astro file manager,es file explorer.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Can you use a file explorer or the inbuilt option in settings-storage?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

What opiton? When I go into settings > storage, then the only thing I see is the SD-cards available and occupied storage. I can't see what's on it, not even which sort of files that lies on it.

P.S. I'm not sure what you mean by 'a file explorer'.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

With the inbuilt option,you can only move to SD media.By file explorer I mean an app from google play you can use to see your memory organized.

Visitor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Okay, so I found some apps. Is that the only way that I am going to reach my SD-card?

Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Yes,the internal memory as well.You can use androzip,astro file manager,es file explorer.

Learner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

you can only move photos and videos and others multimedia files but not apps...

Xperia Lover
Highlighted
Learner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Yeah I know what you mean. I bought a game and it was too large for the phone. Tried to put it onto the SD card and couldn't. Their software was good but  now is rubbish. It lets it down. Also they are a game producer so what goes on SONY!!