account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Rubbish! Another Flagship -Xperia Acro S- from Sony 3 months after Xperia S???!

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 35
Message 21 of 35

Re: Rubbish! Another Flagship -Xperia Acro S- from Sony 3 months after Xperia S???!

And one more thing liamv85, right from the beginning of year 2012, Sony announced Xperia S as their 2012 flagship. So currently, in about 3 months time, they release Acro-S which has nothing but better specs (shatter proof scratch resistant glass, dust proof, water proof, bigger battery 1910mAh, ICS ready) than Xperia S. Anything that is better than a flagship is called..........., well i assume in your opinion and standard, "is not a flagship?" .....think about it. Winking Face

Emperor
Message 22 of 35
Message 22 of 35

Re: Rubbish! Another Flagship -Xperia Acro S- from Sony 3 months after Xperia S???!

it has the same mineral glass with a scratch protective shatter proof film as the Xperia S and the rest of the Xperias

the Xperia Play is the exception

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 23 of 35
Message 23 of 35

Hi Suze, Neo V is a downgrade from Neo; a downgrade from 8 mpixels camera to 5 mpixels camera. That was due to the fact that tsunami hitted japan that year and there were issue producing 8 mpixel camera lens. You didnt lose anything from that.

Xperia flaghip for 2011 is Xperia Arc, but later that year, in more than 6 months time, Sony upgraded Xperia Arc to Xperia Arc S; mainly the cpu from 1 ghz to 1.4 ghz. This is fine, it is just like iphone 4 being upraded to iphone 4s in a specific time frame (more then 6 months). As a users, what to we notice about the 0.4 ghz increment?

Xperia Ray and xperia active is totally a different line up (where Xperia Ray is equivalent to current Xperia P), a mid range phone, that stays in between the flagship and lowest end phone, or which ever better way you call it. None of the 2011 Xperias surpased Xperia Arc in terms of specs and fame.

To put it short, i have to tell you that i can't expect Sony is selling and telling their loyal customers and fans around the globe that "Xperia S will be our 2012 flagship, it will be our hero" and later in just 3 months time, Acro-S, something more than a flagship is gonna come out (don't even mentioned Xperia GX.)

Do you see Samsung or HTC or Apple announces someting better than their flagship (S3, One X, iphone 5) in the same year or just after 3 months of time?! I highly doubt so.

Sony just promises anything and everything about it is just too good to be true.

One time poster
Message 24 of 35
Message 24 of 35

Very nicely said 3eb! I read one book about Steve Jobs as well, it is "The Steve Jobs way: iLeadership for a new generation" by Elliot, J., & Simon, W. L. (2011). It was a electronic book which was free for reading only for 7 days. I managed to finished 2 parts out of 4 parts of the book. :smileygrin:

Anyway, back to this story, what's on your mind now?

For me, i am thinking of "how I wish I have never made that deperate decision to buy that problematic Xperia S back in March that wasted much of my time, my travelling back and forth to the service center with false promises, money of train tickets and countlless phone calls, and no phone during my birthday and Easter Holidays."

I have to sticked to this Xperia S-icklings now for a mobile contact of another 21 months to go :`(. 

Enthusiast
Message 25 of 35
Message 25 of 35

I can't believe people are whinging about this. When I buy a phone, I don't buy one because it's the latest model, I buy it to fullfil my needs. If a new one comes out a few months later then so what? You get annoyed because yours isn't the latest? So long as yours does the job and still works correctly then why do you care that someone else has a slightly different slighter newer model? Maybe the people on this thread should get out a bit more....

One time poster
Message 26 of 35
Message 26 of 35

Acro S is just a xperia s with ip rating. Nothing special.

same screen

same camera

same specs.

lesser memory

thicker

no design

Emperor
Message 27 of 35
Message 27 of 35

I agree, we want the GLOBAL GX Dizzy Face

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 28 of 35
Message 28 of 35

Hey moonklash, all of us here get a phone because we believe it meets our needs but not giving us trouble. We all saved up the money and made the best research as we could to choose the phone that meets our requirement. Everyone does that. I bet you don't own an Xperia S and you don't know what are the big issue of Xperia S that plague the users all around the world. Go check out the issue of Xperia S and I'm sure you'll soon discover why we were upset by Sony. Winking Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 29 of 35
Message 29 of 35

I think Sony made this because of one of these things ...(it's ONLY a personal opinion not official researches !!)

1. because they didn't sort and rebuild new bases, and just rush in making new phones (after turning into Sony after being Sonny Ericsson) .

2.they want as much money as they can get !(wich doesn't make sense because they are one of the biggest companies in the technology industry) .

3.they are fixing some of the issues they have made with the new brand smartphones by making newer better phones, avoiding by doing so refunds/fixing the sold phones, and keeping the chain of the new phones flows .

after deeper thinking i'd go with 1,2 .

P.S: i thought they are going to wait at least 1 year to make unforgettable Sony smartphone ! but i still love you sony and hoping you make things better . /peace

Alert note: sorry for my bad English :/ .

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 30 of 35
Message 30 of 35

First - apologies, I didn't mean to be rude or dismissive - I've just realised my message may have come across that way. I got a bit annoyed because every time I read a blog about a new phone, rather than comments about that phone there just seams to be hundreds of complaints that another model has been released. But yes I see your point - if I bought a phone and it had bugs, and was discontinued in favour of another, I'd be annoyed. But adding another phone to their line-up whilst continuing support for the earlier model surely isn't something to complain about? Just means there's lots more models for us to think about?

And no you're right, I don't have a NXT, I'm waiting for Sony to confirm what they're doing about Foxconn before I buy another. And then I'll be waiting to see if they bring out something in the SE Ray size, with a 8mpx camera but also a button for the camera and continuous autofocus. And if they don't bring out something with that spec I'll probably just get a Go - but not till I here something positive about Sony and Foxconn, which is a seperate issue entirely.