account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

PC Companion cant detect my phone

Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

PC Companion cant detect my phone

I have a Dell i5 laptop running windows 7 64 bit version. when i connect my xperia sp sony pc companion cant detect my phone and the phone does not charging as well. I tried by re installing PC companion but didnt work. 

I tried via sony update service as well but the same thing it also cant detect by phone. 

This is a real headache since i cant trabsfer anyfiles between pc and phone and cant update as well. 

Please somebody help...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: PC Companion cant detect my phone

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/USB-connection-problems/m-p/348074#U348074

Check out this topic.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

when you connect your phone to pc using Pc Companion your phone must be unlocked..try this
Rookie
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Wow that was simply amazing..it works....thanks mate...

Commissioner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Glad i helped you...
One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hi, my purpose for the PC Companion is to repair my Xperia M2. When I turn it on, it appears to boot but will end up just showing a "dead android logo".

And so I connected my phone to my pc, red light turns ON but PC Companion won't detect it.

Thanks!

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

i have a problem with my sony xperia z5 premium dual cannot be recognized in my sony companion 

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8