account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

New update for XSP is 12.1.A.1.201 is rolling out

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 141 of 156
Message 141 of 156

Re: new firmware not available in Canada

You can download stock .201firmware from here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2703603
"The Quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
Apprentice
Message 142 of 156
Message 142 of 156

Follow this. Simple and easy. Your phone`s warraty will not be compromised. 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-SP/Noobs-guide-to-downgrade-SP/m-p/614173#M19596

Regular
Message 143 of 156
Message 143 of 156

This may be my last Sony phone. :'/
To
Enthusiast
Message 144 of 156
Message 144 of 156

Re: New update for XSP is 12.1.A.1.201 is rolling out

I am so unsatisfied with Sony. I was supposed to buy Xperia Z1 Compact, but after my experiences with SP I have decided - No more Sony!

Each end is happy. And if is not happy, it's not the end.
Visitor
Message 145 of 156
Message 145 of 156

If i load the phone update software menu, i get offered nothing.

If I use the pc companion I get told the phone is up to date.

If i use the SUS I get no offer of my phone, xperia sp (c5303) on build 12.0.A.2.254 

Have sony pulled the 4,3 update? 

Commissioner
Message 146 of 156
Message 146 of 156

No, it just hasn't rolled out everywhere yet. UK O2 and unbranded are still waiting, for example. What's your customization number?

*Edit*

O2 have just rolled out today. Just unbranded left in the UK.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 147 of 156
Message 147 of 156

I'm quite surprised that unbranded phones in the UK seem to be getting the update last. Considering there are no carriers on unbranded phones having to aprove the update for their phones, unbranded shoujld be able to get theirs pretty dam quick.

So why, pray tell... do we appear to be getting it last? I always though the general consensus was unbranded phones get theirs first before branded phones... at least that's what I've read.

This has been a complete clusterf*ck of an update on Sonys part. First December, then January, then February... YAY update... full of bugs, then drops update, then releases new update, takes ages to realease it everywhere. A complete shambles. I still love my Xperia SP, and so far, since it's still on 4.1.2 it works like a charm. But it woul dbe nice to have 4.3 IF it works, just to be up-to-date with the other phones.

Hello, I'm from the United Kingdom of England Land.
Commissioner
Message 148 of 156
Message 148 of 156

the build numbers are changing to B for A so gussing when uk unbranded is released, it will change from 13A to ?B

Commissioner
Message 149 of 156
Message 149 of 156

@PureChaosX wrote:

I'm quite surprised that unbranded phones in the UK seem to be getting the update last. Considering there are no carriers on unbranded phones having to aprove the update for their phones, unbranded shoujld be able to get theirs pretty dam quick.

So why, pray tell... do we appear to be getting it last? I always though the general consensus was unbranded phones get theirs first before branded phones... at least that's what I've read.

This has been a complete clusterf*ck of an update on Sonys part. First December, then January, then February... YAY update... full of bugs, then drops update, then releases new update, takes ages to realease it everywhere. A complete shambles. I still love my Xperia SP, and so far, since it's still on 4.1.2 it works like a charm. But it woul dbe nice to have 4.3 IF it works, just to be up-to-date with the other phones.

I suspect it got held back at the request of one or more of the networks because of the ongoing 4G rollouts.

Both .266 and .210 versions worked fine on my phone. Neither was any better than 4.1.2., though.

Visitor
Message 150 of 156
Message 150 of 156

Blackbox Thanks,

Dont know how to find the customisation number (sony device is my first in years)

Its a sim free unlocked handset though, im certain of it. 

I aways thought that unbranded was first, certainly seemed to be with other handsets?

Thanks