account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

My Xperia Is Getting Overheated Very Quickly

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

My Xperia Is Getting Overheated Very Quickly

My Xperia SP is getting overheated very quickly after just 15-20 mins of continuous use...and feels lyk the phone is burning....
Even the battery drains very quickly i.e 25% per hour...
It hardly last me 4-5 hours to use the phone..
Plz provide me with the solution..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Re: My Xperia Is Getting Overheated Very Quickly

My previous xperia smartphone was damaged by the sony service providers...
So i am not willing to go to service center anymore as i have recently bought this xperia sp and i dont want to get it damaged..
So any other suggestions??
8 REPLIES 8
Commissioner
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Have you tried to repair or do a clean installation of your current firmware? Its a very annoying issue but not very logical..

Try with Pc companion or SUS...if the problem remains visit a sony service center...
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

@GreekXperiaSp wrote:
Have you tried to repair or do a clean installation of your current firmware? Its a very annoying issue but not very logical..

Try with Pc companion or SUS...if the problem remains visit a sony service center...

PCC - http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

SUS - http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

hmm me tooo fcing battery issues. my battery drains very fst nd whn i visited servce center thy tld me tht it is common as it has Android in it, i was really shocked wth their answer
really sony ur service nd update is really very poor
Samsung is much better thn u...
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

also it gets heated very fst...
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

My previous xperia smartphone was damaged by the sony service providers...
So i am not willing to go to service center anymore as i have recently bought this xperia sp and i dont want to get it damaged..
So any other suggestions??
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Whilst heating of the handset during use is normal, what you have described regarding this behavior is not and as you have tried all other suggestions repair is really the only option left sorry.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

The kind of service provided from the authorised sony service centers is really worst..
Its like sony don't give a **bleep** for the after sale service.
Commissioner
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9