account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Lost space

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Lost space

Danial

That app will tell you what files on your memory/storage that consume a lot of space. Some kind of files that might not be detected by PC when you connect your phone through USB cable.
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

Just tap on cached data,it should clear it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

the result is it

sc2

ds

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

I'm not sure but i think this has to do with reserved space. About 10% or so is reserved so that you don't fill the phones memory completely. It's the same when i check an SP here. If i look at a Z1 which has more memory the difference is even bigger (still about 10%).

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

so if this is a reserved space then after factory reset it must have it as well.right?

but after reset to factory free space are the same on pc and phone

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

@ Danial

There's nothing wrong with that at all. Stored chace or some space that should be empty for the system.

Take a look the visible difference clearly
Your PC reads 768 MB of 5.37 GB of the internal storage.
Disk Usage app: 1.1 GB of 5.5 GB of the internal storage.

You can send or transfer files from PC to your phone up to 768 MB as the phone system should leave some empty space on it.

When you download some apps/files through your phone, there will be a pop up notification tells you that your internal memory limits have reached which the PC can do that.

Best usage for a 5.5 GB storage is 4 GB or 4.5 GB, and you have reached it already.

View solution in original post

Commissioner
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

Correction: PC can't do that
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

thanks to all of you

yes maybe its a reserved space and honestly i didnt notice that diffrent beetwen full sizes "5.8 and 5.4"