account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Lost space

SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Lost space

i have 400mg lost space on my internall storage

for example if phone shows 1gb free space when i connect to pc it shoes 600mg free space

i cant find anything that cause this diffrence...no hidden thing..no system protected or system hidden thing

any idea??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

Re: Lost space

@ Danial

There's nothing wrong with that at all. Stored chace or some space that should be empty for the system.

Take a look the visible difference clearly
Your PC reads 768 MB of 5.37 GB of the internal storage.
Disk Usage app: 1.1 GB of 5.5 GB of the internal storage.

You can send or transfer files from PC to your phone up to 768 MB as the phone system should leave some empty space on it.

When you download some apps/files through your phone, there will be a pop up notification tells you that your internal memory limits have reached which the PC can do that.

Best usage for a 5.5 GB storage is 4 GB or 4.5 GB, and you have reached it already.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Could it be only app data?Maybe facebook,chrome.others?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

so if they are app data why phone dont calculate them??..also if i clear those apps data the difrence will remain the same

a solution i can find till know is factory reset..but it will return with exact 300 or 400 mg lost space

Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

If you go to settings-storage,can you clear cache?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

Get the app Es-File explore. then click view and sort it from most space to the least, also one the left hand side, turn on the hidden files. Delete the file which has the most space, usually it might be like the others have said a cache file. Also,The data of cached files will come as misc files Danial, it is hard to view it on the settings as it only shows your app data and will not specify what actually uses that space. 

CarbonoAtom Slightly smiling Face

Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

nope..i have no options

also setting>apps>all there is just"storage capability" with no options

Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

@carbonoatom

no avail

i cant find any file that i cant see on pc

also es-explorer tell me i have 1.2gb free just like phone say..but pc say 800mg

Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

There could be an issue with the files the PC sees and the phone sees.So in settings-storage,you do not have cached files?

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

Hi, Danial. 400mg? What's an MG? Do you mean MB?

Perhaps the PC reads/writes it different because of the phone chace. Have you tried some app named Disk Usage for Android yet?
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

@alexdon

yes i found cached data..its 183mb

if i perform factory reset at the starat i have 5.2gb free space..but after time phone and pc goes in to 400mb diffrent

@3xperia

yes i mean mb

what that app will do?