account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

LT26i Issues and Suggestions

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

LT26i Issues and Suggestions

Well first of all I do like really to thank You Sony for this Awesome SmartPhone Truly worth of all the saving i paid for it
However, since i upgraded to ICS i have come through Several issues ( althought it fixed & improved alot more on GB)

Issues:
1- I cant seem to take "ScreenShots" anymore even using the short cut buttoms or holding the Power Bottom then choosing the ScreenShot option ( that was only avaible on GB)
2-When ever i access my Contacts or Phone, the Mobile device laggs and even takes 5~9 Sec to open the contacts and even longer to call

3- I cant seem to "STOP" my FB & Mail they always run in the background, and even after using ASTRO application killer to shut them down, they reopen automatically, is there anyway that i can shut them down when am not around a Wi-fi connection ?

Suggestions

1- I do really be very gratfull if you added a "Fast Forward" & "ReWind"  to the Video player, cuz its really a HUGE PAIN whenever i try to skip or rewind a specific Scene in clip that is longer than 30 Minutes ( thats cuz the seek bar isnt long enough)

2- can you add a preformance test Task to the next update, that can identify any issue my device is or will face ?

Thanks in Advance, and once more i do like to congratulate you in producing such great Device with that cheap price ( compared to iPhone4s and Galaxy SIII)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: LT26i Issues and Suggestions

No the LT26i is not waterproof

The LT26W is waterproof see link - So don't go submerging your Xperia S phone in water

http://www.unwiredview.com/2012/05/30/sony-intros-waterproof-xperia-acro-s-lt26w-with-android-4-0-ic...

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

5 REPLIES 5
One time poster
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

I have also come around this piece of information is it really true ?
http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/263010#263010
read the very last line in thread ( the comment of Thommo)

my LT26i model is a water Proof !

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

No the LT26i is not waterproof

The LT26W is waterproof see link - So don't go submerging your Xperia S phone in water

http://www.unwiredview.com/2012/05/30/sony-intros-waterproof-xperia-acro-s-lt26w-with-android-4-0-ic...

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Learner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

These ain't even real problems.. Solution is simple:

1. Hold power and volume down at the same time. Thats how you do screen shots in ics.

2.contacts is indeed slow but takes normally 2 secs.or less. 5-9 is not normal. You should repair your phone.

3. To prevent apps fronm running permanently, there are 2 ways. One is to go to settings> apps> all then find the app and tap force close. If you close fb and mail under running apps or task managers such that in astro, it will restart.. So close it under apps>all. That should fix it. But take note that fb will restart once you connect to the internet again. Unless you close it while connected to the net.  But if you turn it off and on, then the app will restart. At least it permanently shuts it while you dont need it.

Another way is to disable it also under apps>all

Check this post for the confirmed bugs.. http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/49889?tstart=0

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Thanks so much to both of you ^_^

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hello everybody, I'm new here ...excuse my bad english but I have an suggestion for xperia s.

The illuminated bar timeout should be same as screen timeout..is very difficult to tap those 3 buttons in the dark because even the screen light is on, the illuminated bar turn off quicker.

I didn't find anywere in settings to set timout for illuminated bar...but it will be greate to have this option.

Thanks!