account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

How to switch off / uninstall 'Video unlimited'?

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

How to switch off / uninstall 'Video unlimited'?

Please can someone tell me how to uninstall this annoying 'video unlimited'? I never use it; have never even opened it once, yet every time I look to see which Apps are running (& using up battery/memory); it is ALWAYS shown as running; even though I've never touched it! I always close it, but the next time I look it is there again, running, even though I never switch my phone off so it cannot have re-started on phone start-up. It is very annoying; I just want to get rid of it. I have an Xperis S, running ICS (have not yet upgraded to Jelly Bean due to bad reports about bugs, things not working etc).

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to switch off / uninstall 'Video unlimited'?

Settings > apps > all > video unlimited > in some cases you cant uninstall it but you can diable it 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thanks; I already tried this; the 'disable' button is greyed out; I cannot select it; all I can do is 'force stop', but this only works for a while & then it re-activates itself & appears again in the 'now running' list. VERY annoying; why does Sony think they know what we want on our phones?..!

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

You could root your phone and uninstall all the apps that you want 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

1. root phone.

2. using a root explorer, locate the file /system/app/SemcSnpStore.apk.

3. set system files as writeable & move the above file to your sdcard as backup.

4. done!!!

Talent
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Thaks very much; I seem to have managed to remove it without doing this; not quite sure how! I will note this for future unwanted apps....

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

hi! can you pls teach me how to remove the video unlimited? thanks a lot in advance, i'll wait for your response.. Slightly smiling Face
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Settings-apps-all,scroll down to video unlimited and tap on it.Select uninstall.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.